Questions about AMRA membership?

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can anyone tell me more about AMRA membership? Anyone been to the Oregon claims? How does it stack up compared to GPAA?
i dont know too much about amra but i have seen quite alot of their videos and it seems like the guy that runs it is an honest upfront guy and trying to protect miners rights.In all his videos on you tube he's always talking about how he's tired of the govt. butting in where they dont belong and if you feel the same way to join them and i guess they use the money they receive from people that join go towards court costs,lawyers etc... in case a member is being screwed by the govt. and taken to court.Sounds like a good organization and as far as compared to gpaa, i have not joined either one but alot of peeps on this site have said gpaa isn't what it used to be but check around on the site there are topics about it good luck!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends who are members. They have decent claims in California from what I've heard. 200 a year seems fair. And if you are harassed on a club claim (maybe even elsewhere)It seems Shannon has your back.

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an AMRA member, the president Shannon is an honest upfront guy as you stated.

I have seen first hand AMRA standing up for our rights, I have mined on their claims, and have met a lot of the members and they are a great group of people. Shannon has really stepped up to the plate to be a voice for the mining community and help unite all miners.

I can say AMRA has been a large financial supporter in my Rinehart case in the Supreme Court.

Shannon and I also just got back from mining together in Idaho where he defended us and the local miners against the forest circus that tried not once but twice to shut us down unsuccessfully.

Help support AMRA, they are a non-profit(GPAA=Profit) 501C3 for tax right off. It's not about just getting a place to mine but supporting the fight!

Brandon

SpaceJunk

Jun 29, 2013
San Jose
Detector(s) used
gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AMRA is a non profit organization. Shannon is an upfront honest individual who is always willing to help you if you have a question. If you are interested in one of the claims he will tell you where he feels your best places to dig are. Gold on the claims is hit or miss depending on your luck and skill level. Some have found nice gold, others not. This is the second year I have belonged to the club and will fork over my $200 next year and the year after that. He fights the system for our benefit and he is very tenacious and a Patriot. He does this mainly for the miners and outdoorsman but his fight against the bureaucracy forces them to remember that THEY work for US. Who knows, perhaps other interest groups may gain courage from what Shannon is doing and little by little call into account each government entity until we can once more say WE the people ARE the government!

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
which is better? depends on what your looking for in a organization! AMRA sounds good ! gpaa HAS changed a LOT. I quit them after 15 years of supporting /promoting them! Nuf said!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I let my GPAA membership expire, nothing there for me.

The major reason is that they are completely focused on the West Coast, with virtually nothing to offer us on the East Coast. Even their 2014 Mining Guide omitted us.

telecaster

Greenie
Jul 27, 2015
Lebanon Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Other
can someone give me more info on the amra.....I did a search on goggle and can't find the organization. Do they have a website. Any info
would be appreciated. tks Bill

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined AMRA to help Shannon with the cost of the legal battles. To me, the claims are a bonus!

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a GPAA & LDMA member for many years. I joined AMRA last year and it is a much better club. First GPAA & LDMA are for profit companies, AMRA is a non-profit that was created to defend and expand our mining rights. Another quality is AMRA has picked up several new claims just since I joined last year. There is more than 20 claims in my CA area and I've inspected several with varying degrees of access, water and camp sites. As for the gold, I have recovered over 3/4 oz in just 4 weekends which is much better than the GPAA & LDMA claims I've mined in the past. If you truly love the outdoors and want to continue to have access to mine, prospect and treasure hunt in general, you will need to join the fight against these crummy unelected government agencies. sitting back and letting others defend your rights is no longer an option. When they close your favorite road or outlaw whatever is next on their agenda: highbanking, metal detecting, panning... whatever, it will be too late. You can do something now. Join the fight; Join AMRA www.americanminingrights.com

OP
OP
B

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, everyone, for your comments. Looks like a good outfit.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other

[h=5]American Mining Rights Association added 12 new photos.
[/h]August 1 at 12:36pm ·

Outing Reminder for next weekend August 8th-9th.......
Good times a coming. Come out and enjoy some gold, great prizes and excellent company. This is open and free for all including the general public. Looking to learn about gold mining then come on out and meet the great members of AMRA. There will be many pros to help you to find your first gold!
You can find this gold claim by following these directions........
From Coulterville, CA, take J132 through Greeley Hill to Greeley Hill Road. Turn right on Greeley Hill Road. Go straight to one-lane bridge. Turn right onto the dirt road marked Bull Creek Road or Road 20. Follow the road until you cross a small one-lane bridge. Turn left onto road 2S02. Drive about 1½ miles and the campground will be on the right. Turn right into the campground.
If you want in on some great prizes to be given away at the outing then visit
americanminingrights.com/giveaways/
You have until Thursday August 6th to get your online opportunity to be included or you can be included at the outing.
Any questions contact Jon Siptrott Outing Coordinator at [email protected]

See More

+9

Like · Comment · Share

OP
OP
B

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, everyone, for your posts. Looks like AMRA is a good outfit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread