GARMIN GPS TOPO MAPS FREE DOWNLOADS

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go to GPSFileDepot.com to download free topos for your Garmin GPS unit. If you do a small donation in appreciation of the site would be nice. No, I am not affiliated just a satisfied user.. Tutorials explain the process.

I also use the Garmin BaseCamp Program. Free again. To keep track of claims, areas of interest and tracks for my friend who cannot find their azz even with a GPS.

I know I will get flamed by advanced GPS users but this is simple and works for me and will work for anyone willing to put in a little time and effort to set it up. With BaseCamp you can easily upload and download waypoints, tracks, etc. from your handheld unit to your laptop. And the price is certainly right.

Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No flames here, thanks for the info...but I thought Bascamp was discontinued and no longer supported.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Never thought about that - great tip - thanks!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking about Garmin Mapsource which is discontinued. Basecamp is the new version

Miner49er_2015

May 24, 2015
Gold Country, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info! I did not have topo maps for the Garmin BaseCamp Program. I use an Oregon 450, given to me by my brother. I use it to plot all my finds and prospects. The program was easy to use and Garmin BaseCamp worked great with the maps I downloaded.

OP
OP
SLNugget

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info! I did not have topo maps for the Garmin BaseCamp Program. I use an Oregon 450, given to me by my brother. I use it to plot all my finds and prospects. The program was easy to use and Garmin BaseCamp worked great with the maps I downloaded.

With a Garmin cable, about $15 at Amazon, you can transfer info between your 450 and BaseCamp an vice versa. The maps from FileDepot can be uploaded to your 450 from BaseCamp too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread