Gold Rush Dirt of the Month Club

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Press delete. Simple as that. Go smaller and more local if you are inspired to buy cons.

For example, here in CO, my friend Don Finley sells paydirt (Link removed by mod) thru his "Goldstrike" brand.

Get both and compare how much fun and gold you get for your dollar...I know how this turns out!

PS I have no connection other than friendship to this business.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishnfacts

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to try both. I just don't really like knowing that the cons have been peppered. I want the thrill of finding gold as it was.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will have to try both. I just don't really like knowing that the cons have been peppered. I want the thrill of finding gold as it was.

They all add gold to their paydirt. Otherwise they run the risk of sending you a bag with no gold in it and getting a bad review somewhere like here. The only real difference is whether the base dirt they start with is unsearched concentrates, semi-searched concentrates, raw paydirt or just playground sand. That last is more common than you'd like to think!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive considered selling cons myself from the local stream i prospect in. i know there is plenty of gold but my lord is it tiny. Thoughts kevin?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ducky, quick answer is yes it can be a good idea. You can charge about double the value of the gold you salt into the paydirt (plus shipping) so there's some money in it compared to selling commodity gold. However, it is more work in marketing and packaging/shipping.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Press delete. Simple as that. Go smaller and more local if you are inspired to buy cons.

For example, here in CO, my friend Don sells paydirt (Link removed by mod)

Get both and compare how much fun and gold you get for your dollar...I know how this turns out!

PS I have no connection other than friendship to this business.
=============================================================
Hey Kevin,,,
How much does a bag of cons weigh?
And I guess the shipping would be relational to the weight.
But say a "regular" bag to 17065 would cost me how much?

PM reply is fine,, or just here.

Thanks
Hit

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lot of people sell in the 1-3 pound range. Some use the usps fixed price shipping boxes.

I don't sell paydirt myself so I don't have exact numbers on shipping costs, sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread