Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol theres no way they will ever admit its there fault

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They already did admit it.

Admitting fault and accepting responsibility are not the same
They are exempt from being fined. The silver lining is the possibility they may go bankrupt attempting cleanup...my wildest dream.
Reality is that as soon as the yellow flushes out of the river this will not be in the news and all will be forgotten

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
EPA fine, $0

Such a tragady.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Environmental Pollution Agency

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Admitting fault and accepting responsibility are not the same
They are exempt from being fined. The silver lining is the possibility they may go bankrupt attempting cleanup...my wildest dream.
Reality is that as soon as the yellow flushes out of the river this will not be in the news and all will be forgotten

Good clarification and very true.

The other reality is that this may not look pretty but it's also not really a big deal environmentally speaking.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like er love the fact that the EPA is caught with their drawers down and their d__k in their hand.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good clarification and very true.

The other reality is that this may not look pretty but it's also not really a big deal environmentally speaking.

Not a big deal?
Well....if YOU dumped 3 million gallons of anything into a river that flowed hundreds of miles and affected thousands, do you think the EPA would think it's a big deal?

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like part of the Agenda 21 agenda to depopulate the states and put everyone into a mega city. What better way than polluting the water supply for 4 or 5 states?

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not a big deal?
Well....if YOU dumped 3 million gallons of anything into a river that flowed hundreds of miles and affected thousands, do you think the EPA would think it's a big deal?

And that's the irony of it all. Epa does it and it's not a big deal, if anyone else did it the fines would be astronimical, the studies would be massive, and there would be new regulations shortly thereafter...

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's the irony of it all. Epa does it and it's not a big deal, if anyone else did it the fines would be astronimical, the studies would be massive, and there would be new regulations shortly thereafter...
This morning on the ABC news all they talked about was the yellow muck all over everything in the river and how all the businesses that made a living off that river had lost tons of money. I'd call that a major #%^&ing catastrophie!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just read a new article where the EPA just announced they should build a permament treatment plan and begin extensive monitoring, all to run indefinately.

Looks like they turned this into a payday

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, this is a huge disaster and I feel for everyone that has been impacted by this situation.

I'm not a dredger nor have I ever mined for gold (I've always wanted too, though).
I find this disaster so ironic. . . if a dredger had un-plugged this abandoned mine and caused this horrific catastrophy, there wouldn't be any dredging allowed ANYWHERE along ANY river EVER.

When things start getting back to normal, I would hope that the "hell & brimstone" enviro attitude toward dredging would change for the better. . . or at least be logical.

My thoughts are with you guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread