The EPA screw up detailed verbatim 1 week prior to event

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Letter to Editor PREDICTED COLORADO EPA SPILL One Week Before Catastrophe=> So EPA Could Secure Control of Area (Updated) - The Gateway Pundit

"This letter to editor, posted below, was published in The Silverton Standard and The Miner local newspaper, authored by a retired geologist, one week before EPA mine spill. The letter detailed verbatim, how EPA officials would foul up the Animas River on purpose in order to secure superfund money."

ratled

Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read an article this morning....The main point was how the only way this will be fixed is a treatment plant!!!National challenge of leaking mines dwarfs Colorado spill

"EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, who took full responsibility and promised that the agency will pay for any damage, said Thursday that these results show the river is "restoring itself."

Restoring itself? Thanks Capt Obvious....and don't you think it's just a little strange that when we say that, we get fined and our equipment is seized? :icon_scratch:

Oh and BTW, EPA isn't going to pay, we tax payers are. Or did you forget about where all that $$$ comes from?

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the finger pointing has already began! and the papers article said they probly never figure out who is responsible.

I heard a quote on radio news yesterday that the EPA Administrator said "it was not our water". This may be out of context but it shows their apparent attitude.

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a quote on radio news yesterday that the EPA Administrator said "it was not our water". This may be out of context but it shows their apparent attitude.

Can I ask the source of the quote and it is available for retrieval? I'll bet there are some guys in ID who like to have that info.............

ratled

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can I ask the source of the quote and it is available for retrieval? I'll bet there are some guys in ID who like to have that info.............

ratled

The news aired on a local radio station and I believe that the news broadcast is usually from Fox. I don't remember if it was a sound bite or a reporter. If I remember correctly the report was from her second day meeting in Colorado or maybe New Mexico (I think she was there two days?). Sorry nothing beyond that.

Last edited:

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I think it is a little more devious than that. Keep Lake Combi in mind here people.

It gets declared a Superfund site first. A few things are tried and they will fail in one way or another. Then they will "resort" to removing the highest concentrations for "further processing" to reduce the "contaminates" to an acceptable level all while we, the taxpayer, are footing the bill.

So they are not actually "mining", they are "remediating" the site due to past mining activities. And making a hell of a profit in doing so.

I think we are going to see a lot more of this in the future due to the national debt we have and there being over an estimated $150 trillion in locatable minerals in the West alone. And with the odds of any kind of royalty system passing through D.C. being worse than a snowball's chance in he!!, this is what we are left with, the little guy being run out for the G-man to take over under a so called "green program".

This is not meant to be political in any way, just an observation on what I see happening.

Is that a Half-Life reference? :icon_thumright:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone at the EPA should forfeit half their salary until the river cleans itself! It wouldn't be long I garuantee!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Even more proof that the EPA is out of control and starting to feel like they can't be touched. I hope they get spanked big time for this.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If no one reads the documents, talks about it, or views the evidence- did it reeaaalllllly happen? Theory almost worked for certain high ranking government officials with cell phones- he he he! Getting harder for em to bury the truth- one good thing about technology the evidence/truth never goes away.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup! Between forums like this one, social media etc it's getting harder and harder for these yahoos to get things swept under the rug so they're forgotten. It's also a great way to keep pressure on them. More and more people are becoming aware of their constant little power grabs, lack of action on important issues etc and are getting fed up with the old "business as usual". The people want their rights back and are ready to fight the entrenched bureaucracy for them.

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! Between forums like this one, social media etc it's getting harder and harder for these yahoos to get things swept under the rug so they're forgotten. It's also a great way to keep pressure on them. More and more people are becoming aware of their constant little power grabs, lack of action on important issues etc and are getting fed up with the old "business as usual". The people want their rights back and are ready to fight the entrenched bureaucracy for them.

Remember that thing about 2 years ago on basically shutting down the internet "do to all of the copy right infringement"?
Makes you want to put on your tin foil hat and go Hmmmm......... Be sure to use a turkey roasting pan, it's thicker tin foil!

ratled

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread