Golden Mojo

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dip needles??? is this a drug deal?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have decided not to send anything. Gasp!! But...... I am driving that way starting on the 26TH. I will bring all the STUFF with me. Many publications, detectors, and even two Spanish dip needles. Don't want to send them and risk breakage. I will look for you when I am in CA. Send a phone in a PM. See you soon. Terry

Terry I have no idea what a spanish dip needle is either but if your willing to drive it across country I will be interested to see what it is. I will be looking forward to seeing you when you get here. PM with phone number is on the way. Have safe travels until then.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dowsing rods?

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a guy one day using a Spanish Dip Needle if it is what I think. They can be found online here: Simmons Scientific Products - Dowsing Rods - Directional Treasure Locators - Distant treasure finders

The Spanish used them here years ago with much success.

In short if you load what you are looking for (i.e.Gold) in the chamber on one end of the antenna like wand and walk in some designed patterns you will have as much or more success than you would with a metal detector!

This guy taught me a little about how it is used and it seems logical but these are around $600. to $700. so I will not be learning much more about them any time soon. Give the site a look if you want. The company is not the original company and stories about the original owner and his success are pretty cool.

They call it: THE UNIVERSAL DEPTH ROD

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
101 in Crescent City with that horrendous humidity on top is a kaka sandwich....amazing mess we're in...John

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting for sure... Looks like the dip needle can find Iron deposits where I guess you could assume gold deposits will accompany...

What I realy like about the Universal Depth Rod is that what ever element you put into the end of the device will be the one it "tunes" to so one could put anything from gold to iron to gem stones and even money!

The guy that taught me about it had already determined that I was carrying money on me becasue he had put a dollar bill in the chamber so he was secretly devining me as I aproached his camp area. It wasn't until I saw how it worked that I realized what he had done.

Another sweet thing is that in a short time it will put you direcly over your target and will also indicate it's depth! Once you get a hit the device will guide you; when you go the wrong way it will pull you back toward the target.

If I had a spare grand...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting for sure... Looks like the dip needle can find Iron deposits where I guess you could assume gold deposits will accompany...

What I realy like about the Universal Depth Rod is that what ever element you put into the end of the device will be the one it "tunes" to so one could put anything from gold to iron to gem stones and even money!

The guy that taught me about it had already determined that I was carrying money on me becasue he had put a dollar bill in the chamber so he was secretly devining me as I aproached his camp area. It wasn't until I saw how it worked that I realized what he had done.

Another sweet thing is that in a short time it will put you direcly over your target and will also indicate it's depth! Once you get a hit the device will guide you; when you go the wrong way it will pull you back toward the target.

If I had a spare grand...

What is the science behind this?

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you can load a small sample of what you are looking for into the "Sample Compartment" in the back of the rod near where you hold it. There is another chamber in front of that with some sort of substance that has a crystaline structure and might be chrged or lightly radioactive. I believe that this chamber amplifies what is put into the Sample Chamber and the frequency has will be set up for your dowsing of that sample.
udr_power_tube.gif
UDR_determine_direction_web.jpg
udr_finding_depth.gif
It sounds silly at first but this guy I ran into has made a lot of money using it. It is using a similar method as the Spanish Needle by detecting the frequencies put off by minerals or anything on the planet and then reacting to it.

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin I think you need to add this to your tool list :laughing7:
Somthing tells me you would be good at this and who knows, Colorado might have some nuggets laying around somewhere :dontknow:

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if I put a piece of wood in this and walked though the forest.....It would literally beat me up every step I took. Works as well as every other "mining the miner" scheme.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you may be waiting a long time for the answer to that Kevin.

Best to go with the flow and understand that belief is considered a science by many.

I wish them all...

Heavy Pans :thumbsup:

Um, yes, I sorta guessed that ;-)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess some use them to locate manhole covers......

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds silly at first but this guy I ran into has made a lot of money using it. It is
using a similar method as the Spanish Needle by detecting the frequencies put off by
minerals or anything on the planet and then reacting to it.

Picker, I want to make sure I fully understand what you are describing.

Based on the manufacturers claim, minerals (or anything on the planet),
puts out a distinct "frequency", which can then be received or identified
by placing a sample of that desired material against a "power load"
which is mounted into the base of the antenna. The antenna has no
direct contact with the sample, but instead receives the signal from the
power load, which in turn receives from the sample.

If that hypothesis is correct, then it can be confirmed by testing precious
metals for their specific radiated frequency inside of an FCC Certified,
RF/Microwave test chamber.

Because this is a "long range" device, then making these measurements
at a distance of 10m should be about right.

Test setup would be rather simple:

Place a small, 1m tall, non-conducting table in the center of the
chambers "quiet zone". This is the location within the chamber that
has been certified to be completely RF quiet.

Place a 2 oz. gold nugget on the table (is that big enough?)

At the other end of the chamber, 10m away, you set up your antenna.
You will actually need to test with several antennas, as each antenna
is certified as calibrated to a specific frequency band.

Step outside and seal the chamber door.

Making the measurements may also require more than one Spectrum Analyzer
or EMC Receiver. I suggest either using Hewlett Packard or Rohde & Schwartz
measurement gear as accuracy of the frequency measurement is an absolute
must.

The chamber, antennas and measurement equipment should cost somewhere
in the neighborhood of one million US dollars.

Not much of an investment if ya really think about it, as once you have ascertained
the specific, radiated frequency of gold all you have to do is get an antenna tailored
to that specific frequency, and just walk around till it picks up the signal.

If someone has the 2 oz. nugget, there are about a dozen very high quality testing
facilities located around the US that could do the measurements for you. Chamber
time usually costs in the area of $1000 hr., including qualified technicians to make
the measurements. I come from that industry, so would be glad to recommend
a lab.

You might also consider that those tests have been done already, generally
by the staff of the test facility. Don't want to make fun of the people that
do believe in this, but does anyone honestly think those techs would still
be working there if the hypothesis was proven correct?
umn.gif~original

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread