Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a short video of a gulch I have been working with my homemade Drywasher.(1st attempt at youtube so I hope it works)
Easy digging bedrock at about one foot --- gold is small but it adds up 4.3 grams so far.
Enjoy and I hope that it stokes the fire for ya.
Here's the gold
gluch_gold.jpg
Here's the video

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Impressive!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video-HOT work this year. Saw a pic of Isabella yesterday and about threw up wow what a tiny mud hole. Try using a wire brush on that bedrock and you'll be amazed at how much more gold shows up Lotza luck-John

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting set up, never seen a dry washer before. And REALLY NICE GOLD!! I'm a safety technician so I can't help but suggest that you use some sort of mask so you're not inhaling all of that dust! Thanks for sharing, solid first video!

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video-HOT work this year. Saw a pic of Isabella yesterday and about threw up wow what a tiny mud hole. Try using a wire brush on that bedrock and you'll be amazed at how much more gold shows up Lotza luck-John
John thanks for the wire brush tip --- will add it. Yes the lake is at 5.8% of normal so low that I stopped windsurfing and the local economy is hurting big time.
Mike

OP
OP
Bodfish Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting set up, never seen a dry washer before. And REALLY NICE GOLD!! I'm a safety technician so I can't help but suggest that you use some sort of mask so you're not inhaling all of that dust! Thanks for sharing, solid first video!
I do wear a dusk mask and try to stay up wind, I'm aware of valley fever.
Had it off for the video.
Thanks

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice. I need to make one of those. No water in my area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread