Dredging a huge culvert!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes culverts are ok but the gold will be at the front. Mostly I see a ton of black sand and sometimes some small specks at first in the first few riffles. A culvert can classify like a sluice with the heavies at the top but if it gets a ton of water, usually it will be blasted pretty clean the rest of the way down. If there's a lip at the front, I would dredge right before the culvert.

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes culverts are ok but the gold will be at the front. Mostly I see a ton of black sand and sometimes some small specks at first in the first few riffles. A culvert can classify like a sluice with the heavies at the top but if it gets a ton of water, usually it will be blasted pretty clean the rest of the way down. If there's a lip at the front, I would dredge right before the culvert.

Agreed Reed! Thats where I work the culverts at...right at and under the entry lip.

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post your findings, I have some culverts over here in Indiana that I've been eyeing lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread