this weekends gold

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
post the gold you found this weekend here gold today.jpg .77 grams for the day. all came from one crack and surrounding bedrock.

Upvote 0

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440892579.285591.jpg
Nothing to write home about, but lots of fun in the making.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done!!!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All the gold is gone. You may go home now lol!

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
yup, dont even bother. if you need some shot for reloading then id say go for it, but really i bought some gold online and i just take pics of it from different angles :sadsmiley:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing says welcome like "you should go home now". The ranger was probably just sucking $10 bills out of the parking box.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon guy's Ricky Ranger was just protecting HIS honey hole!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like maybe a mercury coating on some of those flakes?

I met some prospectors in their golden 80's years this summer that were learning how to prospect, and they sure didn't know what mercury coated gold was.

They had some silver colored flakes that were right heavy as they told me it always sat in the crease with the gold and the super heavies. They wanted me to look at some of that silvery stuff.

I ID'd it for them as gold for certain, and then I asked them what they'd done with the mercury coated gold over the two weeks they'd been high-banking. They'd thrown it out all over a steep hillside!

That's some crazy kind of catch and release gold story. They'd thrown away about a quarter of every clean-up until I told them what they were throwing away, and they were working some great dirt. They sure looked sick.

All the best,

Lanny

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
Lanny if you are talking about my picture its just the lighting, no mercury here. I do release any nuggets over 10 pounds.

kabah088

Jun 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For certain mercurcy covered. Just need to get rid of the mercury. Any suggestions

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lanny if you are talking about my picture its just the lighting, no mercury here. I do release any nuggets over 10 pounds.

Nope, I'm talking about the gold in the video. :icon_thumright:

All the best, and keep on releasing those pesky 10 pounders,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions