San Jaun Batista Cayon, VAL VISTA area Calif. Gold Mines

GemSt

Aug 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was A young Man, I lived in that area of Calif. and had a gold claim in that canyon.
I claimed it after a friend of mine past away who originally filed the claim. He was a mining engineer and was a recluse of a person. The claim was 1 mile past the fire control prison camp on that road. I filed for several years but finially let it go due to failed marriages. I now live in Texas and have lived here for 30 years and no longer young enough to care?
The claim may be still open so anyone might still file on it if it is.
It's close to the Allasandro trail. It's the site of an old Indian village on the creek, it has several large rocks or stones that have several corn holes bored into them. It also has a rock gorge that as been dammed at times, by the old engineer. I also have a bottle of whisky buried under a tree under a army spade. Would like to have that back. The claims original name was Coo Chee Coo so a person could research it look in the 70dys. Hope some one has fun but please save my bottle, it must be really smooth by now! Thanks for litstning J.S.

Upvote 4

Aaronmc1

Dec 1, 2022
When I was A young Man, I lived in that area of Calif. and had a gold claim in that canyon.
I claimed it after a friend of mine past away who originally filed the claim. He was a mining engineer and was a recluse of a person. The claim was 1 mile past the fire control prison camp on that road. I filed for several years but finially let it go due to failed marriages. I now live in Texas and have lived here for 30 years and no longer young enough to care?
The claim may be still open so anyone might still file on it if it is.
It's close to the Allasandro trail. It's the site of an old Indian village on the creek, it has several large rocks or stones that have several corn holes bored into them. It also has a rock gorge that as been dammed at times, by the old engineer. I also have a bottle of whisky buried under a tree under a army spade. Would like to have that back. The claims original name was Coo Chee Coo so a person could research it look in the 70dys. Hope some one has fun but please save my bottle, it must be really smooth by now! Thanks for litstning J.S.
I tried to find the bottle for u no luck yet any info like was it on the property where shovel was

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I once hide a bottle of "shine" in plain sight in Wyoming on Douglas Creek and put out "hints" to people that visited that area like I did for a lot of years. I finally gave up waiting for people to find it. the next year that I went up again I revealed it myself and shared it around the campfire with my friends! I took a picture of it as it was nearing being empty and labeled the picture , "Stump broke" It was the smoothest hooch I ever drank and kick azz all the way down !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread