Sheet in stream to catch gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever heard the stories about old timers stretching sheets across streams to catch fine gold dust? I have read it on several sites but now cant find any of them. Reason Im asking....just got off the phone with a guy that did something similar and caught just over an ounce of gold in 2 weeks. The guy then told me that his contact with USGS informed him that every 24 hours, $16,000 in suspended flour gold flows past the town that we live in. That price was in the 60's when gold was $30 an ounce. Allow me to adjust for current gold prices... Ready?...$541,560 EVERY 24 HOURS!! Now you see why I'm interested lol

Upvote 0

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Ineresting with the couple patents there are and that I could read up on. They have moving belts to scrape material and a roller to reapply grease for constant contact with the ore. That is what they were designed for not Ionic gold. They do mention that it didn't make an improvement over frothing for recovery. Which is why it didn't take off as a working unit I suppose. I would figure that at some point you would have to worry about all the grease having something stuck to it there fore less efficient....

JUST AN OBSERVATION

I have never said that I was after ionic gold. I did say God knows how many times that gold suspends in water at 74 microns and that I was after suspended gold.

I also posted screen shots from reports showing that there is more gold 50 microns and smaller than any larger size but lets say ionic to imply that it wont work?

Lets also mention frothing. Something that can not be done unatended in a waterway, the targeted area for use of the sheets.

We are also not working with ore we are extracting from water.

The grease thing again as if I haven't already explained what does and what doesn't stick to grease that is submerged in water.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
74 microns is 200 mesh....within the limits of human visibility. So not the gold you find in clear moving water but close. At the flow required to suspend gold that size other stuff would be floating as things less dense than gold will have become suspended sooner. And its suspension will be affected by those other particles and will change certain dynamics.. These are all valid observations and good things to ponder when trying a new technique.
Like I said just an observation...and I was quoting someone else....You didn't start this thread I can say what I want about other techniques...especially when they do relate to the topic...which a machine patented for oleophilic adhesion does...

I don't want to discuss anything with you or argue I am not going to quote you or deal with you.... I can add info if I desire or discuss points with other posters

LEAVE ME ALONE

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this could be revolutionary, best to see if its repeatable but using a more scientific approach
what is in the tailing pond, stir it up take a sample have it tested.
what is captured, after 7 days have that tested.
one aspect of using mercury on what you've captured
mercury will amalgamate with most metals, copper, lead, zinc, arsenic,
all metals except iron and aluminum and could have a violent reaction with aluminum.
a lot of the steps could be dangerous especially breathing vapers by burning something that came from a mine waste pond
if you lose all your hair and your teeth start to fall out you might want to get tested for metal poisoning.
be great to see the analysis of the gold drop that was posted previously
it did seem larger than it should be, I know that one pound of mercury is only about the size of your thumb
and your button looked twice that, could be more that just gold, I have seen your thread on castings does it look big for 9oz.

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
this could be revolutionary, best to see if its repeatable but using a more scientific approach
what is in the tailing pond, stir it up take a sample have it tested.
what is captured, after 7 days have that tested.
one aspect of using mercury on what you've captured
mercury will amalgamate with most metals, copper, lead, zinc, arsenic,
all metals except iron and aluminum and could have a violent reaction with aluminum.
a lot of the steps could be dangerous especially breathing vapers by burning something that came from a mine waste pond
if you lose all your hair and your teeth start to fall out you might want to get tested for metal poisoning.
be great to see the analysis of the gold drop that was posted previously
it did seem larger than it should be, I know that one pound of mercury is only about the size of your thumb
and your button looked twice that, could be more that just gold, I have seen your thread on castings does it look big for 9oz.

Let me know how you make out!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: who is ... You?

The topic is how to get suspended gold from water. The patented OA machines work with ore nor gold suspended in water.

no the topic is sheet in stream to catch gold.....and YOU are YOU....stop quoting me and leave me be

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
See this is what im talking about! Now the non stop topic will be that its not economically feasible. Anything and everything to scrutinise and criticize.

As I said they did put sheets in streams to see what could be obtained from a source that is not concentrated like the tailing pond but dont wait for results start bashing!

I specifically said "in the past." I was trying to be conciliatory, but I guess you did not see it that way. Sorry.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since both sides continue to snipe at each other thread is locked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread