Need advice for lighter 4in suction hose

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is anything lighter to you won't have the durability you need. It will most likely be too soft to hold up to the current - bend all over, kink and plug up.

Best of luck in your search

ratled

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried the lighter on 4" and it just doesn't last. Clear Flow is what I tested and it just didn't last even a week. If you don't need 15 feet of hose then 12 works great for me and those few feet make a difference. Also i just use a straight nozzle so I don't have the weight of a 4" swivel. If you don't use air, 8 to 10 feet is enough but still, I prefer a 20 foot section of Tiger Flex, it works great. Take a short piece of what you have into your local rubber manufacturer or dealer and see what they have. You may find a good enough mid grade hose. With the clear flow, I don't think it was heated properly because it just unraveled from the white ring. They gave me a replacement from a different roll but... same problem.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like a good reliable women who puts on a few pounds---stay with the one your with as you'll be sorry ifn' ya' don't-John:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions