Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is gold in the Colorado River and in the Dolores River in western CO and eastern Utah. You will have to do your research on land ownership/access of course, just like anywhere.

OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks kevin i have been looking in sevaral areas, and useing the lr2000. But narrowing the search will help

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd spend some time with my landmatters.org as the maps will give you a quick view of areas with claims...areas near there may be worth sampling.

I've had some success sampling in the Colorado out that way so I know the gold is there!

Edit: fixed autocorrect error :P

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
utah mason

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a cool site! Lots of stuff on there. Looking at it real quick before I grab my kids from daycare, and have no more quiet time. Definitely need a bit of time to explore site. I wish I would have came across this site earlier. Learning to navigate the lr2000 and not being a computer expert was a pain. Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions