Prospecting in California

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if the eco Nazis in California, would be against me bucketing up material to take home and process?

I was thinking of returning to a spot I know in Northern California that was profitable in the past. The question is, the only way to process the material is to use a pump, since the location is a good 80 to 100 yards from the river. Or haul buckets down to a hand sluice. That is the way I did it before and it wasn't fun then when I wore a younger man's clothes. 8-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Upvote 0

farnorcal

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
redding, ca
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i hi bank all the time up in the french gulch area and have never had a problem with the law. just as long as my tailings are being dumped in a containment hole. no matter what you do, yur eventually gonna run some lights into the creek or river!!!! yur fine as long as yur not suction dredging or booming.

OP
OP

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Information! Thanks to everyone that commented. I did take a day trip to the old area. Outside of Colfax. Well they really screwed it up. Used to be dirt road, now it's paved. They put in a campground on the other side of the bridge. And the turn out area where I used to park has been dug out so instead of having to risk life and limb to climb down an embankment, it is all a gentle slope with stairs. I might as well be prospecting in downtown San Francisco. I thought the agenda 21 boys were supposed to preserve the wild, not make it accessible to just about everyone. Sorry I I sound a little bit pissed off. I guess it is because I am.
Oh, and by the way, the river,(with the drought and all I have seen more energetic creeks) is classified as riparian. What ever that is.:BangHead:

OP
OP

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I forgot. They now have a Gestapo agent running around the place making sure that everyone has paid their $10 a day to use our land.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont think any pump is allowed in CA, I just fill a couple of 5 gallon buckets and take them home and sluice.. Fish and Game, State and Fed LEO's say no pumps..at least to me anyhow.. I was even told any pumps are banned on private property
Just be careful, There are some "Peach of Law enforcement officers" out there who get off on intimidation and bullying.. then there are many very cool ones (The Majority)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
like ole Hoser says: F.M.! That article sounds a lot like good ole DISCRIMINATION / HARRASSMENT to me! why not keep everyone from using the water equally!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions