Gold Prospecting Between 2 Large Boulders On Bedrock

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a video I made on my last prospecting trip where I noticed 2 very large boulders sat up against each other, sitting on quite a shallow part of the river bed where I could see bedrock not far below the surface. The area looked like it had been worked a but however, the amount of material between these boulders made me think that this little cavern between the boulders hadn't been emptied of material as it took me 2 days to get everything I could out from between the boulders down to the bedrock floor they were sat on. I used a combination of the tools I had to hand to empty out the little cavern including my 2 1/2" manual gold pump dredge, shovels, scoops, snuffer bottles etc, anything I could use to retrieve material was used.

You can see when I place the camera under the water that there is still little bits of material here and there, this was mostly the lighter stuff that got disturbed when I was removing material just for it to re-settle again. I might have missed the occasional heavy here and there but considering I removed 5x5gl buckets of material from between the boulders, I struggled to get any more out so I moved on to another area. There are a few dubious pieces of material I've noticed after I put the camera under the water which makes me think I might have missed the off little bit (if you can spot any, tell me the time stamp and I'll check them out) but I got what I could before moving on.

I hope you like the video and please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you wish to keep up to date with my gold prospecting (as well as my new hobby of metal detecting in NE England) and take a look at my YouTube channel, I have 30+ videos uploaded now for your viewing pleasure, cheers.

Upvote 0

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldgrabber,

Nice video. Good detail, color and surrounding landscape. Hope you keep up the good work. But really, never, never, ever do that without showing the NUGGETS!

All the best, Thurman

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like to see what you got out of that!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the comments, I get a good indication of the material I'm running as any gold usually gets trapped in the very top which is easy to spot so I save all my cons to take home with me, I've got 6 different buckets from separate trips to sort through and pan/blue bowl. I don't live local to any prospecting sites so see the clean out process as a winter project to keep the interest up as I'll only be getting 1-2 more trips this year now :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread