Gold Prospecting Between 2 Large Boulders On Bedrock
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Goldgrabber
  • 4 Post By Thurman
  • 2 Post By GoldpannerDave
  • 1 Post By bobw53

Thread: Gold Prospecting Between 2 Large Boulders On Bedrock

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    gb
    Gold Grabber

Mar 2015
    England, UK
    Minelab X-Terra 705
    257 times
    Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting

Gold Prospecting Between 2 Large Boulders On Bedrock

Here's a video I made on my last prospecting trip where I noticed 2 very large boulders sat up against each other, sitting on quite a shallow part of the river bed where I could see bedrock not far below the surface. The area looked like it had been worked a but however, the amount of material between these boulders made me think that this little cavern between the boulders hadn't been emptied of material as it took me 2 days to get everything I could out from between the boulders down to the bedrock floor they were sat on. I used a combination of the tools I had to hand to empty out the little cavern including my 2 1/2" manual gold pump dredge, shovels, scoops, snuffer bottles etc, anything I could use to retrieve material was used.

You can see when I place the camera under the water that there is still little bits of material here and there, this was mostly the lighter stuff that got disturbed when I was removing material just for it to re-settle again. I might have missed the occasional heavy here and there but considering I removed 5x5gl buckets of material from between the boulders, I struggled to get any more out so I moved on to another area. There are a few dubious pieces of material I've noticed after I put the camera under the water which makes me think I might have missed the off little bit (if you can spot any, tell me the time stamp and I'll check them out) but I got what I could before moving on.

I hope you like the video and please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you wish to keep up to date with my gold prospecting (as well as my new hobby of metal detecting in NE England) and take a look at my YouTube channel, I have 30+ videos uploaded now for your viewing pleasure, cheers.

https://youtu.be/AOQTt_GurN4

Check out my Youtube Channel for Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GoldGrabbers

us
    Aug 2014
    New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Minelab Xtera 70
    131 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Goldgrabber,

Nice video. Good detail, color and surrounding landscape. Hope you keep up the good work. But really, never, never, ever do that without showing the NUGGETS!

All the best, Thurman

us
    Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
    1285 times
    Prospecting
    Like to see what you got out of that!
    bobw53 and Jeff95531 like this.

Oct 2014
    Hatch, New Mexico
    1141 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I watched the whole thing... And NO money shot ?
    Aufisher likes this.

gb
    Gold Grabber

Mar 2015
    England, UK
    Minelab X-Terra 705
    257 times
    Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting
    Thanks for the comments, I get a good indication of the material I'm running as any gold usually gets trapped in the very top which is easy to spot so I save all my cons to take home with me, I've got 6 different buckets from separate trips to sort through and pan/blue bowl. I don't live local to any prospecting sites so see the clean out process as a winter project to keep the interest up as I'll only be getting 1-2 more trips this year now

Check out my Youtube Channel for Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GoldGrabbers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links