To whoever busted out my car window at Arapahoe Bar parking lot yesterday...

CO2

Sep 20, 2015
approx 1 mile high
Detector(s) used
12' corrugated plastic drainpipe, BGT Pro. 30
Primary Interest:
Other
It certainly wasn't appreciated!! Not saying it was anybody on here that did it. But I got back to the car, window busted, center console rummaged through - I'm convinced if I had left keys right there my car would have been stolen. Luckily my deductible for the window isn't that expensive. Pieces of my window are still laying on the ground in the parking lot as a warning to others.

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... It pretty much sucks that our country is going the way it is. I'm in the desert but I've still got motion detector lights everywhere as well as four four footed security officers on patrol 24-7 and shotgun loaded up with rock salt within easy reach if needed. Houses for the most part are pretty spread out here but we've still seen people cutting across the field behind our place. Been thinking of setting up my long bow with some blunts in the quiver besides the field and broadhead points. They may not be lethal but they'll knock the sense into someone that's stupid enough to be stupid.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. What bad luck!
I have some special bodily injury ideas in mind for criminals and drug crazies who do crap like this!!

I had a car broken into once and THEY DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING!!

BTW: I read recently that the FBI says the "best" theft deterrent is a large dog bowl set outside on the back porch.

Little do they know, I own a dachshund (weiner dog). And he's bad a$$. :laughing7:

Or at least he thinks he is...
I try not to tell him because you know those little reptilian doggy brains can only handle so much.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... It pretty much sucks that our country is going the way it is. I'm in the desert but I've still got motion detector lights everywhere as well as four four footed security officers on patrol 24-7 and shotgun loaded up with rock salt within easy reach if needed. Houses for the most part are pretty spread out here but we've still seen people cutting across the field behind our place. Been thinking of setting up my long bow with some blunts in the quiver besides the field and broadhead points. They may not be lethal but they'll knock the sense into someone that's stupid enough to be stupid.

I like the rock salt! Oh no I'm having flash backs AGAIN! Want to try something fun? Put a empty 357 casing on the end of your blunts hurts like hell!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The blunts I use have about a dozen little spikes on the faces of them. While they won't kill anything, they'll leave one he77 of a bruise. My long bow is strong enough that these blunts will dent 12 gauge medieval plate armor as some guys at Ren-faires learned. It can also penetrate a cops chest plate if I load it up with "bodkin" points. Won $50 off a sheriff deputy by proving that "point". He'll never look at archery in the same way again.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! We used to hunt rabbits with a 357 casing on a field tip. We used to sell the pelts and yes we ate them. BTW.... your keys are in the fridge!

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a solution for this, I leave a single hollow point bullet on my console where anyone who looks in the window can see plain as day..so far no has tampered with my truck, so it either worked or no one has come by with bad intentions, I just know that if I was a thief I would not mess with someones ride if I knew they may be just around the corner or just within earshot up the trail... Just sayin

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working in a security related field, I always tell people "Dont leave anything in your car that you are not willing to part with". 99% of thieves go after targets of opportunity the other 1% are just A-holes. Unless you had something sitting out, looks like you ran into the 1%.

Sorry to hear about that. Three thing I hate more than anything else in the world, Liars, cheats and thieves.

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three thing I hate more than anything else in the world, Liars, cheats and thieves.

I guess that means you wouldn't get along well with my soon to be X-business partner.

Absolutely amazing what people will steal.. Put an old TV or couch out on the curb and put a "FREE" sign on it, it will sit there forever..

Put a "$10" sign on it, and it'll be gone really quick. Some scumbag will steal it just so his pee-pee tingles, getting off thinking he screwed
you out of $10. Put a $50 sign on it and they won't even wait until dark to come back.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess that means you wouldn't get along well with my soon to be X-business partner.

Absolutely amazing what people will steal.. Put an old TV or couch out on the curb and put a "FREE" sign on it, it will sit there forever..

Put a "$10" sign on it, and it'll be gone really quick. Some scumbag will steal it just so his pee-pee tingles, getting off thinking he screwed
you out of $10. Put a $50 sign on it and they won't even wait until dark to come back.

I will have to remember that for when I have something I want gone! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions