iijenlo11

Greenie
Apr 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

My name is Jennifer, I am a producer for the Travel Channel original series EXPEDITION UNKNOWN. The show is hosted by Josh Gates who is a life adventurer with a degree in archeology. The show follows Gates as he investigates iconic mysteries around the world.

Our team is ​currently looking into doing a story on the California Gold Rush, and we are very interested in further investigating Legends of lost mines in the Mother Lode region. We are particularly interested in The Lost Cement Mine or The Goose Egg Mine. If you or anyone you know is actively pursuing a lost legends or anything pertaining to the Gold Rush I would love to speak in regards to potentially participating with our program. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at [email protected]

Thank you,
Jennifer

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jennifer on the 11th of this month there is a bill that becomes law on the governors desk that kills ALL mining except hands and pans so your late to the hoax called the Gold Rush-sorry but before you spend the $$$ get a handle on the political state of this insipid state-John

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They should do a show on the legend known as 'The Right To Mine Your Claim'. These shows leave the viewers with the belief that you can still go out and look for stuff.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Why limit it to California? There are other states that are more "Miner Friendly" have their legends about lost mines as well. Arizona, Colorado, Montana etc. It could turn out to be a much easier process to get access to the areas for production crews etc. and would be something fresh instead of the same old stuff.

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello jennifer.

this was posted by M.E.G. some time ago. Taking Liberty - How Private Property is Being Abolished in America
This would be good documentary material for a later project .It,s not only happening in the U.S.
It,s worldwide.Hundreds countries signed it.Before it was Agenda 21 .Now its called Agenda 2030.
The control over every aspect of human life and all resources.

Cheers

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think ya all are missing the jest of the show, its pure entertainment, each episode Josh follows the clues or lead of an old legend or tale and searches for it, cool show. Although our plight for sure needs a very loud voice this unfortunately is not it.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
You've got a good point Fowled. We as miners (pretty much any scale) won't get any help from the mass media outlets any time soon. As long as the media is controlled by those that are in opposition to us they will continue to show how "bad" mining is and any good that we do is ignored.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Hoser,

What is the name or SB# for this "Hands and Pans"bill (wouldn't you love to punch the idiot that came up with that rhyming name restriction?). Had to be a Jr. High girl in the 7th grade or so would be my guess. Well then I will get the pyramid pro pan and use hand tools before I move out of this mess (not!). Boy this bill will revive the old "Midnight Miners Association" with plenty of new members.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Randy, yes it's a sic sic state of affairs. Just go to www.westernminingalliance.com and the NUMEROUS bills info is in the latest greatest newsletter. Been a member of MMA also and Winter Mining Association for many years as only water from rain but by god the dogs covered even that and gravity dredging on and on and on, Have a barf bucket ready as the hatred of miners is indeed sickening-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WMA is getting pretty bad about spreading misinformation theses days...Guess they want more money......SB637 is the bill that J.O. is referring to. It is not a hands and pans bill and it does not make sluicing illegal....but, hey its in print on a wma page, so it must be true:BangHead:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know off-topic but in reply to Goldwasher's post;

I know the last WMA newsletter sounded like doom & gloom but states that they don't know yet what the waterboard will come up with.
we know SB 637 will allow the waterboard to regulate anything including a sluice as a "point source" and muddy water as pollution.
even if there is a permit they will close most waterways on the 303d list and allow only panning as panning is considered an existing use.

could be like in Oregon; http://www.deq.state.or.us/wq/pubs/factsheets/permits/metalmineactivitiesFS.pdf
"In addition, this permit regulates discharges from in-water non-motorized equipment
such as a hand sluice box, mini rocker box, or hand suction device.
Highbanker/power sluice and combination suction dredges/highbanker
discharges are not authorized under this permit."

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jennifer you can find information on the Cement Mine in the 8th Annual Report of the State Mineralogist - California 1888.

You can find that report as an 80 Mb PDF by searching the term "Cement Mine" at the Land Matters Mining Library. That and all the other PDFs there are indexed and OCR so you can do direct searches within the document.

You may find other references to the information on those mines in other sections of the Library.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions