Gold Prospecting Flood Gravels Deposited Between Bedrock Crevices

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a short video showing the second area I worked on my last prospecting trip, I was walking along the river and noticed a large amount of protruding bedrock which had a number of small crevices all covered in flood gravels. The material obviously hadn't been touched since it was put there in a big flood going through the area so I figured there was a chance some gold might have got caught up in the crevices with the material deposited there.

I spent 2 days removing all the gold bearing material I could and slucing it through, I noticed some small bits of gold in the sluice but not as much as I had hoped for. I should have taken a before and after picture to show the amount of gravels there was before I started as the main crevice gulley was over 1ft deep of material above the waterline, flowing all the way down below the waterline where I continued to remove all the material I could.

There are no overall gold shows as I take my con's home with me to pan over the winter as I don't live local to any prospecting sites so I'll have a lot of buckets to work through this winter.

Please feel free to like, comment, share and subscribe for more videos as they come, thanks

Upvote 0

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldgrabber, thanks for the video!

The next time try as well harvesting material out of the many smaller cracks I see in the rocks themselves and also the moss on the rocks, natural moss acts like miner's moss/carpet in a sluice and many times will trap more gold than the cracks themselves, harvest the moss dry it and burn it then pan out the ashes.

Tons of gold to you in your adventures!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers for the comment, I took a lot of moss off this area and after I finished, I had a few hours before packing up so I moved upstream where there was a large flat 1m2 boulder fully covered with moss, so I removed as much of the moss as I could and processed that, saw a few small specs i the sluice come from the moss too which was a nice end to the trip, I just didn't film that as I'm not 100% sure on the rules regarding mossing in this area, I shouldn't think there's an issue removing it but just to be safe, I didn't film that ;)

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
I must remember my prybars next time too, to crack open some of that bedrock rather than just exposing it and walking away lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions