Got out to the claim for a couple days...

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Went with my brother to do a prospecting...

IMG_2801.JPG Busy bro...

IMG_2808.JPG Nice rusty spot...

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG Long crack... the wrong way,
still had gold in it...

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG Nice lookin...

IMG_2810.JPG Final clean up...
Water was nice... went for a quick swim... Refreshing!

IMG_2815.JPG Lookin good...

Upvote 0

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sure wish I could find some bedrock like that to work. Sure is beautiful gold laying there in the V-matting. What was that,one or two 5 gal buckets? Thanks for the pictures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I sure wish I could do find some bedrock like that to work. Sure beautiful gold laying there in the V-matting. What was that,one or two 5 gal buckets? Thanks for the pictures.

I don't have a count...but it was a few more than that. 1/2...3/4 buckets. They get pretty heavy when full. :censored:

Last edited:

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I ever got a pan like that. Looks like it was worth the trip.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't have a count...but it was a few more than that. 1/2...3/4 buckets. They get pretty heavy when full. :censored:

Yes, they are heavy. I keep thinking, "half full, only half full" but invariably add too much. I am getting too old to lug full 5 gal buckets anymore. I need to buy 2 or 3 gal buckets so that I cannot over fill! :)

Again, very lovely gold.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you go to the 2g pail you'll never go back. You will be walking at almost normal speed when it's full.No more wobbling back and forth and being sore the next day. I really think it's better. Less painful and in the end you move more material. Plus you can get that "satisfaction" of filling the bucket to the brim that your looking for8-)

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once you go to the 2g pail you'll never go back

Have you got a secret about how you get 2 gal buckets used, cheap? PM me if you don't wish to share it too widely. :)

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SHhhhhh mums the word but if you know a pool guy or someone with a pool they can fix ya up too!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got smart and got a 3 gallon bucket too. Believe me. A half full 3 gallon bucket is a lot lighter than a half full 5 gallon bucket.:laughing7: My legs are a lot stronger than my arms so I just make more trips.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol., I'm just using the 2g bucket that came with my gold and sand but Home Depot has them, not sure on quality/durability though. Can some one post a link to DURABLE 2-3G buckets,please ?

kabah088

Jun 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are heavy. I keep thinking, "half full, only half full" but invariably add too much. I am getting too old to lug full 5 gal buckets anymore. I need to buy 2 or 3 gal buckets so that I cannot over fill! :)

Again, very lovely gold.

Ha! I am under 30 and I am already opting for hauling 4 gallon buckets while sluicing! Ill be down to to Folgers coffee cans in a couple of years at this rate...

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
My wife used to work at a bakery. Her job was a cake decorator! she brought home all the buckets I could ever use and then some! all of the buckets were washed and FREE! Boy did I have a lot of friends looking for some free buckets!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sorry when both my neighbors retired as school cooks who gave me dozens of the heavy duty food grade buckets of all sizes with tops to seal also-that's the best as look ma no spillage-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep...when I was cooking it was pickle buckets.....heavy duty rubber o ring on the lid..

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ha! I am under 30 and I am already opting for hauling 4 gallon buckets while sluicing! Ill be down to to Folgers coffee cans in a couple of years at this rate...

Save those coffee cans--classified cons go in them to be run on the Miller table during the winter. Just use an indelible marker to mark them +20, -20, +50, -50, etc.

An of course, if you prediction comes true about using them to haul material while sluicing, you should have a lot of the to use! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions