Bought a Gold Cube and here is some of the first tray

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
after two 5 gal buckets of classified material that was screened for a Gold Cube but not sluiced or dredged. It was brought home to work but has been sitting. gold cube gold 002.JPG gold cube gold 001.JPG

There are about 10 nice pieces; only 1 made it to the 2nd tray. But there should be more in-between the chunks (about 2 mm) and the tiny stuff. There was lots of dirt and therefore dirty water. Jet Dry was used Maybe all the stuff I thought should be there is on the third tray. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I was bring home several buckets of material I'd first classify
it all to 3/8" and run everything through the Gold Cube. The
Cube can handle 3/8" material just fine, and you know you're
not going to miss any gold.

Bazooka is an awesome sluice, but if you're bringing home cons
or classified (but not run) material you can't beat the Gold Cube.

Thanks, Dizzy. I am glad you stated I can run 3/8" material through my Gold Cube; I have not seen that anywhere else. I have 3 trays and the top slick plate tray and so far I have not found any gold on the bottom tray. I will try to get the 3/8" material run this weekend. Things just get so busy. It may snow Thursday and my wife is steadily reminding me that I still have not cleaned the garage enough to get the car in it. So I may have to just clear away enough to get my car in and then after it clears up, draw the Gold Cube back out and run a few buckets. :)

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some nice course gold there....:thumbsup:
Gold cube is pretty efficient so unless you were really running things to hot , that's probably pretty much what ya got..... Of course you can always re-run the stuff, not like it takes hours to do,,:laughing7:

An afterthought .... Since these were 2, 5 gal buckets of raw classified unrun material and NOT 2, 5 gal buckets of sluice concentrates I would say you did pretty good....:blackbeard:

You were correct; that is pretty much all I got. I have figured out by looking at markings on all the coffee cans of material I have sitting around, that I kept separate the minus material from the classifying of these buckets. Hence, that is all I got.

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish I had one of those years ago when I was young enough shovel all day. Great design. I do, however, seem to remember someone putting a couple of "P" traps in a regular sluice box. can't find the link now but it was years ago.
Marvin

Found it https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...d_wC_q3MLAVvE0C1XMvKTpJg&ust=1446779269802308
hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, that is a neat approach also. The folks that do that are up in the Colorado mountains southwest of here. However, with two Bazookas (I wish I could shovel in all day now, too), a Gold Cube and the A-52 with Gold Hog Washer Mat in it, numbers of pans and three different Miller tables (two homemade), I pretty much have to equipment to separate out the gold. Now it is finding time and energy to do it!!

I think the Gold Cube uses some of that same type technology when they force the material down and under at the bottom of each tray. The picture you showed allowed for adjustable heights of the gap that the gold was forced under and so you could set it to catch as fine of gold as you were working with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread