Bought a Gold Cube and here is some of the first tray

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
after two 5 gal buckets of classified material that was screened for a Gold Cube but not sluiced or dredged. It was brought home to work but has been sitting. gold cube gold 002.JPG gold cube gold 001.JPG

There are about 10 nice pieces; only 1 made it to the 2nd tray. But there should be more in-between the chunks (about 2 mm) and the tiny stuff. There was lots of dirt and therefore dirty water. Jet Dry was used Maybe all the stuff I thought should be there is on the third tray. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Some nice course gold there....:thumbsup:
Gold cube is pretty efficient so unless you were really running things to hot , that's probably pretty much what ya got..... Of course you can always re-run the stuff, not like it takes hours to do,,:laughing7:

An afterthought .... Since these were 2, 5 gal buckets of raw classified unrun material and NOT 2, 5 gal buckets of sluice concentrates I would say you did pretty good....:blackbeard:

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A second run should tell the tale. If some shows up then maybe it is from some clods that did not fully disintegrate in the first run in time for the gold to be liberated and catch on the matting.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just remembered to look up a quote from Trevor Alty whose dissertation was the inspiration for the cube. This is what he said about the cube that was sent to him by Goldcube for his help. "Well I can tell you this. That system can take a lot more than you believe. The more water you feed it, the more stuff you can feed it. Often on my box we had the water backing up half way up the preceeding table. The bonus was we had a higher column, so the next table worked even better." From the demo I saw of the cube the water flow is pretty gentle and with what Trevor describes it should pick it up a bit and maybe help to disintegrate the clods early on.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A second run should tell the tale. If some shows up then maybe it is from some clods that did not fully disintegrate in the first run in time for the gold to be liberated and catch on the matting.

Maybe get in that bucket with one of those 5 gal paint mixers ya put in a drill..... stir it up some more and bust up any clods or clay..... just a thought.

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all your comments. I will run it again.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where did the paydirt come from Dave?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Im of the belief that when you rerun material through the same type of device , you need to change either the water speed or water amount or angle of the device to capture the finer stuff that has slipped through.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love my Gold Cube...likely the best prospecting investment I've made...:occasion14:

I've only run mine with the 1100 GPH pump that it came with,
but I also run up to 10' of hose from the pump to the river,
meaning when pumping from the river my GPH is probably
closer to 800. Don't know how much difference it made, as
it's always caught plenty of super-fine flea poop gold, as
in you can't see it without a magnifying glass or 30x loop.

After we find a good area to mine, I'm gonna give it a good
workout down at Jeff's place next week. 8-)

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Im of the belief that when you rerun material through the same type of device , you need to change either the water speed or water amount or angle of the device to capture the finer stuff that has slipped through.
Not a bad idea at all.....:thumbsup:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Nice gold!!did you dry or wet screen it for the gold cube? I would try to wash it as much as possible before running it in the cube....good flow garden flow hose stir with a stick while filling...pull all the floaties as you do this... I do it somewhere that needs the water pick a flowerbed.. or tree. Do it with half buckets. let the water over flow while you stir. repeat until you feel your clods and clay are dealt with. Then screen. I prefer to do this using a larger surface area classifier when possible. You can just use a bucket classifier and hose the first go round...different strokes....I only get that involved when I bring dry material home to run...Cons are much easier...pan everything above 30 mesh and I (if I had one ) would cube the rest. I definitely try to clean material as much as possible if i'm trying to recirc concentrating runs.....and as clear of water as possible for cleanups... its hard to dial in flow and feed when the water is too dirty to properly watch material do its thing.

have fun with the cube and figuring out your own processes too.

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some nice course gold there....:thumbsup:
Gold cube is pretty efficient so unless you were really running things to hot , that's probably pretty much what ya got..... Of course you can always re-run the stuff, not like it takes hours to do,,:laughing7:

An afterthought .... Since these were 2, 5 gal buckets of raw classified unrun material and NOT 2, 5 gal buckets of sluice concentrates I would say you did pretty good....:blackbeard:

Nope, using their 1100 gph pump with level setting set with a level.

Oh, I was pleased with the return, but I thought there should be some gold other than the chunks and the tiny stuff. We will see when I rerun all the material. Thanks.

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where did the paydirt come from Dave?

Kevin, this is not from the Denver area, though I still have a bucket of Clear Creek material to run and a half bucket of Platte River material, but those are cons, along with a bit of Cache Creek cons sitting in the garage. This came from the Arkansas River area near Granite but not Cache Creek and some from the Beaver Creek area above Fairplay from the GPOC claims there. I will be sending you a PM later today.

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Well, I will be changing the amount of dirt in the material, since a lot of that washed out. :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin, this is not from the Denver area, though I still have a bucket of Clear Creek material to run and a half bucket of Platte River material, but those are cons, along with a bit of Cache Creek cons sitting in the garage. This came from the Arkansas River area near Granite but not Cache Creek and some from the Beaver Creek area above Fairplay from the GPOC claims there. I will be sending you a PM later today.

What a collection of spots! I bet your wife will be pleased to see the end of all those buckets of paydirt!

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a collection of spots! I bet your wife will be pleased to see the end of all those buckets of paydirt!

She is; she is insisting I get the stuff put up so I can get my car in the garage before the snow flies. Of course, her side stays clean because she puts her car in every night. :)

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
. Nice gold!!did you dry or wet screen it for the gold cube? I would try to wash it as much as possible before running it in the cube....good flow garden flow hose stir with a stick while filling...pull all the floaties as you do this... I do it somewhere that needs the water pick a flowerbed.. or tree. Do it with half buckets. let the water over flow while you stir. repeat until you feel your clods and clay are dealt with. Then screen. I prefer to do this using a larger surface area classifier when possible. You can just use a bucket classifier and hose the first go round...different strokes....I only get that involved when I bring dry material home to run...Cons are much easier...pan everything above 30 mesh and I (if I had one ) would cube the rest. I definitely try to clean material as much as possible if i'm trying to recirc concentrating runs.....and as clear of water as possible for cleanups... its hard to dial in flow and feed when the water is too dirty to properly watch material do its thing.

have fun with the cube and figuring out your own processes too.

Goldwasher, it was wet screened. And it was more wet screened than washed. I think I just might try washing the remaining buckets more before I run them through the Cube to get most of the mud/dirt out; someone suggested a paint stirrer to do the stirring. Thanks.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
made mine a highbanker with a built in classifier on top and run by solar panels, all I need now is some dirt with gold in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread