Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tnet members are some of the coolest people on the planet! Have a good time!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome! Have fun Jeff and Dizzy. Get that gold guys!!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Off to a late start...arrived home and tired. Decided to eat fried chicken instead of pan. Delnorter dropped by and hopefully he can get a buck sooner than later so he can play in the dirt with us. Today Mike worked the cracks in a boulder and I worked one hole and shrimp gunned in pockets and along the bank. I caught a craw dad with the gun. :laughing7:

Different spot tomorow and different tactics.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, in Texas the craw dad's (mud bugs) are treated in a salt bath then gathered up and boiled and then the tails are eaten. Does not suit my taste buds so I will stick with salads.

Have a wonderful time during the day working at prospecting and at night around the camp fire sharing stories, that is 'true facts'....................63bkpkr

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Jeff, get that gold you need a banner! I want to see a big pile, not a steamer either LOL!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Knock em dead guys! But do remember to leave some gold for those of us that will be up there next summer!

Dizzy.... Go easy on the youngster!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike and I decided to hang out by the campfire and make an easy day of it. Or perhaps it was our aching bodies that decided for us. The fog never really lifted today so we went into town for taco stuff and a little ocean coast sight seeing. I'll let him tell you. This place is special and it's taken it's hold on Mike. Having a great time trading and telling stories. Among other things, he knows quite a bit about fishing, hunting, trapping, trucking,...he's led a full life. Turns out, I have to share Mike cuz he's also helping Karen with her camera and photography.

Oh yeah, the fog turned into a light drizzle this afternoon so we got busy with our dirt. I sluiced mine and Mike went to work panning. We each got six colors so far. Problem is I'm outta dirt and he isn't. You should have seen him pan down my concentrates! The man is good!:notworthy:

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday Mike and I went to the usual area but decided to try to find flakes instead of fines. We went upstream and found a large area that had great potential for flood gold...which is what we were after. I tried high, middle and low on the bank with a shovel, trowel and shrimp gun. Mike worked his way up stream and along the river. After probably a dozen or so samples of nada we decided maybe this easy part had been worked pretty hard. On the way back I showed him to the spot I found my picker in. (Sure didn't take long for my hole to fill right back in again.) We got back home, grabbed a bite to eat and Mike finished up his dirt from day 1. At the very bottom was two plus 20 flakes. So it looks like Mike "cracked" the case of where the good gold is...locked up in bedrock cracks. He was apparently just getting into the good stuff as he didn't get to the bottom yet. Then we watched Gold Rush and arm chair quarterbacked their every move. :laughing7: After that, more stories round the campfire till after midnight.

It's raining lightly now and will likely continue thru out the day. We plan to use use the time today to find a back up spot if we get nothing on our next trip. Mike gets to stay thru Sun so we still have a shot with the hammers, chisels and pans.

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Mike made it off around 12:30 today with a 10+ hour trip ahead of him before he's back home. He arrived as a gold buddy and left as a new life long friend. We got along like two long lost brothers and plans are already in the works for next year. :occasion14:

Yesterday we went to the usual spot but this time using a different strategy. The best gold he found was in a crack he had worked on his first visit. (she's like that...the tease) So we got there and for the next 4 hours crack season was open! I found my spot by looking for anything that was growing out of the rock of my choice. Got good and bloody opening a seam into 18" long by 12" deep. No reason to go longer as it eventually V'd out quite nicely. Mike's spot was in a seam of flat bedrock right next to the river. The spot covered the size of four pool tables! I kept hearing over the sound of the river "OH, this is heaven...CRACK CRACK CRACK splash." (repeat) :laughing7: We brought it all home (a little over a gallon and a half each) so he can take his back for processing in his shop.

On the way home Dizzy bought us dinner and told us he was running low on meds, clothes and the usual stuff back home...which meant he had to be getting back. Mike said he will post pics and his version of our adventures in his journal... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/prospectors-journals/463514-dizzys-journal-gold-tales-past.html
He'll probably just say we're just two old guys who adapted and know how to live. And he'd be right.:headbang:

Thank you for coming Mike! We had an awesome time and your friendship is what it's all about. Thanks for the panning lessons too!

If you get the chance, you should truly watch Dizzy pan. He's gently rocking the pan...nothing to see but black sand...then the pan comes back ever so slightly...and the gold comes out one by one...just like stars at night. Tried to video it but too much reflection. I'll never forget it! Thanks Dizzy! :notworthy:

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Left Jeff's place at 1PM, and got in about 11:15 tonight. Long miles,
but the secret is keeping the door shut and the truck rolling. Planned
it just right and hit Portland about 6:30..sailed right through. 600
miles in 10 hr. 15 min..easy drive.

(short version...pics and more will be in my Journal.)

For those of you in Jeff's area, you won't meet a nicer, more
laid-back and patient prospector than Jeff. After the drive on
Tues., and then prospecting on Wed. I was pretty much shot,
so we took Thurs. off while I got over the aches, pains and
a bad case of the dizzies. His Mrs. is a real sweetheart, not
to mention she's a natural for great composition in her photo's.
Little bit of polishing here and there and she'll be ready to start
selling some prints..:occasion14:

I had high hopes for the area we prospected on Friday, and
was a bit surprised to do all that sampling and finding nary
a flea poop in the pan. Sun. we headed back to the area
we were in on Wed., but this time we put our efforts into
cracking and cleaning bedrock (something we don't get much
of up here). It was a dream come true for me, as I've never
had the chance to work bedrock like that.

Got a full 3 gal. bucket of material that came out of those
bedrock cracks, and come tomorrow evening I'll be panning
it out here in the shop...
drool.gif~original

I had only planned to stay a couple days, as I needed to be
back home to help my wife. Fortunately, a neighbor was kind
enough to help her in my absence so I was able to extend the
trip a few more days.

Time for some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you made it home safe and sound Mike. Your timing for the trip worked out great as our "official" rainy season will begin 10/28 per TWC. Gonna spend the off season doing research to find some new ground and maybe set up a "bash" of our own for the true Northern CA next year. And practice panning of course! :thumbsup:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
You just HAD to send me that link in the PM didn't you Jeff? Ya jinxed me dude!!! As to the weather here right now.... Something about cows and flat rocks that my grandpa used to say comes to mind....

Still managed to grab 4 FULL buckets to start testing as well as some rock samples. ....and then there was rain!!!!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, the rain has cometh once again.....
rain2.gif~original

On the drive home yesterday there was heavy rain from
Crescent City all the way to Salem, then it lightened up
a bit but never really quit.

Heard you folks down in Ariz. were getting hammered
today, so hope you got enough material to keep ya
busy for a couple days!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
005.jpg 007.jpg 011.jpg

A total of 3 pieces...all under 20 mesh. But I found gold, a friend and learned how to pan. Priceless. :thumbsup:

Here's my take for 2015 including the picker. Gonna dry it and weigh it.

015.jpg 016.jpg

Very happy with my progress for this late in the season but lots of learning, relearning and research for the next 5 to 6 months to come.

Oh I'm not done yet. No sir! I'm heading out right now to hit a spot that has skunked me before. I love a challenge!:icon_thumright:

Heavy pans too all!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice color Jeff!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bout' time you show us your take! Nice color! If you need some lessons let me know! LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions