Venezulas gonna dump 80 tonnes of gold

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well Randy I wish they would dump it in my backyard! that would save me LOTS of gas money and STILL be home for my favorit tv shows! BUt anytime any country dumps gold / precious metals , itll effect all of us one way or the other and probly drop the value of gold!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it was really dumped on the open market in a hurry it would push down the price for awhile (that's called a buying opportunity for the rest of us) however it sounds like that's not what'll happen. Looks like Bank of America agreed to buy it all so it'll just move from Caracas to Manhattan in exchange for a pile of virtual fiat currency...and the rest of the world can just ignore this transaction. What a racket: you give me tons of physical gold and I'll change some digits in a computer file for you. Wow, Right?

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it's slowly on a roll downhill towards ~800.00 oz anyway, this may just give it a little push in that direction. 80 Tonnes...fun to think about that much gold.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it's slowly on a roll downhill towards ~800.00 oz anyway, this may just give it a little push in that direction. 80 Tonnes...fun to think about that much gold.

Gold falling to $800.00 an oz....... I must respectfully disagree. Global economic slowing, an unstable Wall Street and trillions in government debt suggest otherwise. The US (and rest of the world) is teetering on the brink of deep recession which will likely happen before or shortly after the next national election. Just a hunch I suppose.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it was really dumped on the open market in a hurry it would push down the price for awhile (that's called a buying opportunity for the rest of us) however it sounds like that's not what'll happen. Looks like Bank of America agreed to buy it all so it'll just move from Caracas to Manhattan in exchange for a pile of virtual fiat currency...and the rest of the world can just ignore this transaction. What a racket: you give me tons of physical gold and I'll change some digits in a computer file for you. Wow, Right?

Thanks for the perspective Kevin. That was refreshing. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking you might be that one man in a million Keynes was talking about.

From The Economic Consequences of the Peace John Maynard Keynes
There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

Of course the actual facts tell a different story about Venezuela's gold.

Here a story from today (with pictures) showing Venezuela taking delivery of physical gold. Part of the delivery of another 180 tons of the total 365 tons they own. That's in addition to the 28 billion in foreign reserves they hold.

Venezuela is far from being broke so I'm thinking there's something else to this story. Maybe it's like the 10 tons they supposedly sold (but didn't) this past April? :laughing7:

I suggest all of you run out and sell your gold now. It's getting harder to find and the physical gold market would appreciate you selling it at paper market prices. Just to be fair you know. :cat:

Heavy Pans

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other

Honestly are you guys kidding?

No one likes it when I enlighten them with the following Hypothesis. I've never seen it written or published anywhere, but to me, it's very very obvious and undoubtedly true.

Gold (As useless as it actually is, this is the stuff that everybody universally agrees stores value) will absolutely skyrocket like never before in recent history in the not to distant future.
When it does it will happen over night.
No doubt at all.
It has to, or we will never again come near a balanced budget scenario. Not that it's necessary that we ever do.
The 17 trillion dollar national debt is what keeps the dollar strong. No one DARES devalue the dollar when the US owes them 4 trillion of them.

The 17 trillion dollar US national debt has been purposely contrived to serve as the strongest weapon in America's arsenal. It's expertly managed and distributed strategically throughout the world.
That works very well for now, but unfortunately, that's not sustainable indefinitely either.

This and many contributing factors ties directly into the actual definition of "money" and how that circumstance will directly affect the future price of gold

The solution is unprecedented inflation. Bone crushing, runaway, purposely contrived, inflation.

Inflation will explode. EXPLODE. Think 1972, 1978, 1982, etc....
The average person will be conditioned to not mind at all because the minimum wage will be $14.
A dozen eggs today costs $4.00 at Walmart. A bag of Oranges, $9.00.
The average Home is $300,000 Dollars. Due to 3% interest rates Teachers and Plumbers often live in $450,000 homes.
Trust me, I know , I sell them to them, and that is what they WANT.

Its not sustainable.

When interest rates hit 7% (Sound impossible huh?, LOL) look out below.........
All this comes with unprecedented opportunity if your s*** is straight.
It's absolutely the best time ever to be financially independent or very very poor in America

The central middle class will build the pyramids.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
7% interest rates? You are dreaming. In real life the rates spike much higher than that when the economy tanks.

Here are the Federal Funds rates from the past. For well over a year beginning in 1980 the Fed lent overnight money to banks at nearly 20%.

image173.png

Real interest rates for consumers went north of 30%. I know I lived it. Luckily we didn't live on credit then, there was a chance of recovery. Now...

Do you know what a 30% interest rate would do to your adjustable rate mortgage payments? We are talking nearly $11,000 monthly payments on a small $300,000 dollar mortgage. Rents and food follow along too.

You are right that stuff happens fast. Overnight fast. 7% - that's just the trigger point for the collapse to over 30% and eventually 300% a day. It happens every few years somewhere in the world.

Watch out what you wish for. Monetary collapse is a great equalizer. It's just that equal in a collapse means everybody is equally hungry.

Very Heavy Pans Indeed

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
7% interest rates? You are dreaming. In real life the rates spike much higher than that when the economy tanks.

Here are the Federal Funds rates from the past. For well over a year beginning in 1980 the Fed lent overnight money to banks at nearly 20%.

View attachment 1226317

Real interest rates for consumers went north of 30%. I know I lived it. Luckily we didn't live on credit then, there was a chance of recovery. Now...

Do you know what a 30% interest rate would do to your adjustable rate mortgage payments? We are talking nearly $11,000 monthly payments on a small $300,000 dollar mortgage. Rents and food follow along too.

You are right that stuff happens fast. Overnight fast. 7% - that's just the trigger point for the collapse to over 30% and eventually 300% a day. It happens every few years somewhere in the world.

Watch out what you wish for. Monetary collapse is a great equalizer. It's just that equal in a collapse means everybody is equally hungry.

Very Heavy Pans Indeed

I'm not dreaming, You'll see 7% interest rates. We probably won't see 30% and if we did getting loans at that rate would be the least of our concerns. The point is just 7% will be catastrophic to many working class people.
We just had a total collapse. Your Wikipedia Federal funds rate chart has never previously recorded anything like that. It features economic recessions, not collapses.
No, in real life, the economy tanks, the government steps in and rates fall to "0". Just look at your chart.
THAT'S what happens in real life.
No one puts a gun to your head to force a dependence on credit cards and Mortgages.
Many have sacrificed and are now in position to reap the benefit.
And we all lived it. Some of us have a far deeper understanding of "IT" then others. The vast majority don't care at all, it bores them terribly.
I know interest rates and their consequences extremely well. We all have mortgage calculators.
A lifetime career in mortgage banking has left me completely financially independent at a relatively young age.
I personally paid 12% private bridge rates on Commercial strip centers just 7 or 8 years ago.
Even if the Federal funds rate was 0 if you and every one else agreed to a 30% conforming mortgage interest rate, then that's what you would pay.
Wikipedia and charts of the past Federal funds rate don't disclose anything we don't already know. The Federal funds rate relates very moderately to conforming mortgage interest rates. Those are highly determined by public demand.

I'm pointing out the likely path gold prices will take, the reason America runs a federal deficit, and the role inevitable inflation will have in highlighting the opportunities that will exist for those that have prepared for the obvious future.

Last edited:

Helipilot

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Garrett Pro Pointer, gold pan, Keene High Banker,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1980-81 I had three aircraft financed at 18% Damn near killed my company but we had contracts we were bound to. The banks made all the money and I got more experience that I didn't need.

The whole thing is a game and we middle class don't know the rules.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In 1980-81 I had three aircraft financed at 18% Damn near killed my company but we had contracts we were bound to. The banks made all the money and I got more experience that I didn't need.

The whole thing is a game and we middle class don't know the rules.

I think think timing is very important. 2009 was a really great time to buy real estate, yet very few did.
Now would probably be a very good time to finance equipment, but amazingly enough, many business people are rightfully shy of borrowing at any cost.

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is a commodity, just like oil,gas,corn,wheat,ect.. It should be treated like a commodity. The first thing that takes a hit when the economy is going into a recession/depression. They are also the first to rebound.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold is a commodity, just like oil,gas,corn,wheat,ect.. It should be treated like a commodity. The first thing that takes a hit when the economy is going into a recession/depression. They are also the first to rebound.

"should be treated like a commodity"...good joke. The world is full of things that "should be" but aren't. Deal with what's real ;-)

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, you have to get the land owner permission, then before you dig it up, decide how to sell it, and how to move it back to the United States. Good luck and share pictures. Of course the price of gold will go down. But, went that much, do not care.

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can laugh all you want. But it's a commodity. Gold,Zinc,silver,copper,nickel,steel,platinum,lead. This is what I do for a living. If you buy and sell metal like I do everyday for a living.I don't care if it's pop cans to a copper coil. Metal is metal and it traded as a commodity. Run your scrap yard how you want. You would not stay in business long

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, you have to received permission, then before you dig it up, decide how to sell it, and how to move it back to the United States. Good luck and share pictures. Of curse the price of gold will go down, but, went that much gold, do not care.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not to de-rail but since we were thinking about Venezuela and all that gold...They also have a lot of oil. They pay approximately 7.5 cents per gallon for gas

CO2

Sep 20, 2015
approx 1 mile high
Detector(s) used
12' corrugated plastic drainpipe, BGT Pro. 30
Primary Interest:
Other
415741_4545945245216_1611888826_o.jpg

When these 3 pieces of paper were printed they were worth less than $21 USD total. Now they are worth about $32. In 1980, one Zimbabwe Dollar was worth one United States Dollar. In 2010 there was no such thing as a Zimbabwe Dollar. Fun fact, those Zimbabwe notes were actually worth $1000000000000000000000000000 Zimbabwe Dollars, but by the time they were printed the government of Zimbabwe had already arbitrarily removed 13 zeroes from the value of all the money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions