EPA to blame for CO mine spill

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if it's a dup

ratled

Probe finds EPA error caused mine spill it hoped to avoid

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Government investigators squarely blamed the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Thursday for a 3 million gallon wastewater spill from a Colorado gold mine, saying an EPA cleanup crew rushed its work and failed to consider the complex engineering involved, triggering the very blowout it hoped to avoid.

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that's stage one as far as I'm concerned. Next will be the finger pointing. How long do you think it will be until the process of calling in favors to keep from becoming the scapegoat if you had ANYTHING at all to do with the Gold King project gets started?

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Talk about a massive batch of Bovine Science! It wasn't the 1872 mining laws that caused this accident to happen at all. It happened because of the arrogance of the EPA and their "we know best" attitude. Had they a single operating brain cell in that agency, they should have know to drill down and test the pressures within the enclosed space. Let's see here.... Water is leaking out of the mine that's been plugged up. Think we should get an idea of how much water we're looking at here? Naw!!! We can handle any problems.....

That article was nothing more than a deflection tactic to once again try to shift the light off the EPA and to place it on the miners, which in this case is exactly where it shouldn't be.

Early on in this saga I seem to remember Gina McCarthey saying something to the effect of the negligent parties will be found and punished. Here is where we see if she is good to her word or not.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
And to think that the epa is still a agency ! why haven't they been done away with/ they've over reached their authority for years and like most gubermint agencys they keep grabbing on to things to make themselves look like theyre needed!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The EPA has perfected the art of total project screw ups forever. Bandage the projects such as this with a lousy plug, let it fill and it will go POP sooner or later. Right here we have the Iron Mountain EPA jobs forever site. Mountain with over 5,000 miles of tunnels spewing acidic water with metals. Treat the discharge and THEN haul it to the top where a massive hole is(old brickyard dig) and dump truck after truck all day long throw tons of concentrated sludge into the hole. The mountain is a sponge that percolates the sludge acids and metals right back down to the portals and for over 25 years it gets more acidic and full of toxic metals every year. Viola jobs for their kids kids kids .....Insanity to just do what doesn't work 1,000s of times and expect a different outcome...WELCOME to the world of the EPA....who us?? what dead river....:BangHead: John

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think that the epa is still a agency ! why haven't they been done away with/ they've over reached their authority for years and like most gubermint agencys they keep grabbing on to things to make themselves look like theyre needed!
A buddy says they're coming up on a budget crunch, and his thinking is they did it on purpose to reel in some big super fund bucks. Sounds very plausible to me, but I haven't researched his thinking / theory. So take it as you may or if you have researched it I'd like to hear!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread