Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They should let them do it, they are loosening debris in the sewers so that the next storm will clean them out. :D

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is interesting to me that I found no reference to this/these specific events in a couple of quick google searches for the Auburn Journal. It seems that a story, as represented in the L A article, would make local news. I did find this article though. Old Town Auburn tunnel tales: Gold, ghosts, graffiti and glow sticks | Auburn Journal. Not quite as "sensationalized" but newsworthy. If there were arrests they were probably for trespassing and not mining. Makes me wonder if the title article embellishes the truth?

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the story out here on our local news it was covered by ABC news seems there were a couple of guy's under a restaurant. they interviewed some guy and he said he had been down there also. They asked what he found he said he found stuff but wouldn't tell them what. But then again I've seen Tom Massey in a culvert in LA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread