fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There may be skin off of your back soon. You may NOT be getting gold next year. The eventual goal of those who are systematically denying our rights and access to public lands and waterways is not just focused on stopping people from dredging, highbanking, sluicing or panning. They want us, all of us, to not disturb public lands or waterways in any way, shape, or form...even your beloved crevicing, sniping and panning. If those of us you ridicule stop voicing our rights, paying to fight and summoning our legislatures to action, you won't be able to ADAPT AND OVERCOME. There won't be anything left to adapt to and overcome. All rights will be stripped away and you won't be allowed with 50 yards of any river, creek or dried gully with your broken gold pan and spoon in your hand.
I won't presume to speak for MM but I don't believe any of that matters to him. He'll get his gold despite what happens, or the legalities of it all. Independent idealists are perfectly ok with surrendering their rights, as they are just words on paper written by "the man" that wants to bring them down. They mean nothing to the true individual who need only worry about their own personal welfare. Ain't "idealism" grand?

OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will listen to them squeal,when it is illegal to possess a pan and crevassing tools. When stepping on and disturbing streambed gravel is a jailable offense. Think it can't happen?

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed I suspect you know the answers to the questions you presented.. I am figuring crap out as I go. My lifestyle presents it problems. Is it fair to all how I live probably not. But who can honestly say life is fair? Anyway Reed I look forward to when you and Karen return from your trip. I hope to impose on you.. Been spending a lot of my time in your area lately. Anyway I hope you and Karen the best. You both deserve the best.
I hope Karen's mother is well She is an absolute joy to be around.

Well no matter what your thoughts and opinions are gentlemen I hope you all the best and wish you success in your life..

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM, there is nothing wrong with being a grass roots prospector/miner in my book. I am one myself. I won't dredge, use back hoes, can't claim nothing...whatever. It is what it is. I do most things just as they say. However, I will do what I see as environmentally correct exploration and recovery...just as the people did before me (only better) and I don't think that's asking too much. I should have those same rights. Right? Yes, I'm sure I've read that some where.

It may come to a head...may not but I'm gonna be happy about how it goes down regardless. :thumbsup:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed I suspect you know the answers to the questions you presented.. I am figuring crap out as I go. My lifestyle presents it problems. Is it fair to all how I live probably not. But who can honestly say life is fair? Anyway Reed I look forward to when you and Karen return from your trip. I hope to impose on you.. Been spending a lot of my time in your area lately. Anyway I hope you and Karen the best. You both deserve the best.
I hope Karen's mother is well She is an absolute joy to be around.

Well no matter what your thoughts and opinions are gentlemen I hope you all the best and wish you success in your life..

I'm not trying to break your cahones so to speak. Much liked Reed, my retirement income has come from mining. Everybodies retirement is out there in the ground, they just need the chance to get it.

Could some things be fine better? Hell yea. Problem is, is the fact that there are too few left to teach it. Most of the old timers are gone or very nearly so. And the big companies don't like competition.

You blame capitalism for this. Your not even close to the truth. Under true capitalism you would have the same opportunities as the big companies. What you need to understand and blame is corporate capitalism that operates under the golden rule. He show has the gold makes the rules. All the rules made today are a one size fits all approach. And they are sized for those with excess cash. You have an extra $100,000 laying around for a mining bond? I do so it doesn't bother me, but most don't. So we get into a smash and grab what you can to feed your kids.

And the longer it stays this way, the worse it will get. Hell, M S H A runs around the desert here at times looking for illegal mines. While funny at times to watch, it is sad at the same time. People trying to survive and getting railed for it by those who believe they have the right to shove their beliefs down everyone else's throats. And we wonder why this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

The lithium ion batteries aren't a bad idea. I wonder if they could be daisy chained for more power? Be great for a "stealth" operation.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Foe batteries, Just pull the power pack from a hybrid or electric car. Maybe a totaled one.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basic truth - we fought when the Auburn State Rec Rangers started trying to change the rules to hands and pans only. Imagine making a living with your hands only, no pick, no shovel, no nothing except for a pan. Where would you be now Victor had we not fought? Probably on welfare or government assistance. Many of us have made a good living for our families for many years by mining with no assistance from the government ever. In fact we even pay taxes on our income. My retirement income is from my mining in the past and From that, on top of the taxes, I now pay $1374.00 a month to Obamacare that I don't even use, so how many illegal immigrants is my $15,000.00+ a year extra payments to the government helping? I feed my family all of the way down to my grandkids from my mining income that I put in place many years ago and this included my parents until they passed away. Will your way of mining be paying for you and your parents retirement? Or will you be one of the people taking their free medical or welfare checks from my mining as well?

AND this is stolen valid claims that are now the Aburn State Rec area (not federal as it should be) so federal mining laws do not apply to state lands
(Dang, I'm starting to sound like Hoser)

ratled

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND this is stolen valid claims that are now the Aburn State Rec area (not federal as it should be) so federal mining laws do not apply to state lands
(Dang, I'm starting to sound like Hoser)

ratled
Yea, the Lukens Mine in Cool was one of the mines closed for the Auburn Dam project along with many others, but ours is still on the map.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ratled

The SRA is not State land. It's mostly private land with some BLM managed land.

The SRA didn't close any claims. As Reed correctly pointed out it was the failed Auburn dam project that caused that mess.

Heavy Pans

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SRA is not State land. It's mostly private land with some BLM managed land.

The SRA didn't close any claims. As Reed correctly pointed out it was the failed Auburn dam project that caused that mess.

Heavy Pans
I agree it was made from ill gotten land of private property for the Auburn Reservoir. When that didn't happen they made the state park. While it didn't close claims to make the park it did come taken claims and private property.

ratled

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree it was made from ill gotten land of private property for the Auburn Reservoir. When that didn't happen they made the state park. While it didn't close claims to make the park it did come taken claims and private property.

ratled

It's not a State park ratled. The State manages the federal non designated recreation area under a management contract. In that contract minerals and mining are excluded from State management. The private land is still private.

Once the real nature of the ASRA is revealed miners could have a very good shot at getting new claims made on the areas that are not private land. The withdrawals in the ASRA are contrary to law and a sham that profits several very powerful groups.

It's going to be some work but I believe one day the ASRA will be miner's heaven again. The first step is to get people to understand that the ASRA is not State land and not a State park.

Heavy Pans

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MadMarshall please keep politics not directly related to topic out of thread. You want to discuss capitalism please do so on our politics forum only....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread