Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Reeds Travels

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3200 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Reed's Travels

Today we will be detecting at Carpinteria State Beach in Southern California just outside of Santa Barbara and we will be here until Friday morning in space 126. It's past time for me to have started my own thread on our travels, so here it is

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3200 times
    We've been gone for 2 months, out on the road in our little Casita Trailer and really enjoying our time out. We came down from Washington and traveled down the Oregon coastline until we had to make a dash home to take care of our monthly business and for Karen to see her doctor. Now we spent a week at Lake Casitas at a Casita Rally last week and we are on our way to Death Valley to see the devastation from the flood in person. But a friend told us that we should spend a few days right here, and we have a space right on the beach... And I do mean a space... Lol 25' x 25' or there abouts with wall to wall RVs and tents. It feels like a claim from the Goldrush days I've seen a couple gold panners and a couple other detectorists here so far last night and today, I'll start detecting here myself
    Last edited by Reed Lukens; Nov 04, 2015 at 06:52 AM.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6426 times
    Over 1 1/2' of snow in the hills , good time to play at the beach. Try to see Death Valley in the spring when a good winter as mile after mile of unbelieveable wild flowers, it looks like a planted wild park amazing sight compared to summer bleached bones-Drive safe-John

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6134 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    Watch out for the tar balls on the beach Reed! Lots of cool history in that area as well as things to see. If you're into Orchids at all you're in the world capitol for them. All those greenhouses between Carp and S.B. are full of them. Safe travels!
    Reed Lukens, Aufisher and russau like this.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Over 1 1/2' of snow in the hills , good time to play at the beach. Try to see Death Valley in the spring when a good winter as mile after mile of unbelieveable wild flowers, it looks like a planted wild park amazing sight compared to summer bleached bones-Drive safe-John
    This is why we are going now John https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pgfpPBOOyo0
    We really want to see Bad Water Lake before it dries up...

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4506 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    We've been gone for 2 months, out on the road in our little Casita Trailer and really enjoying our time out. We came down from Washington and traveled down the Oregon coastline until we had to make a dash home to take care of our monthly business and for Karen to see her doctor. Now we spent a week at Lake Casitas at a Casita Rally last week and we are on our way to Death Valley to see the devastation from the flood in person. But a friend told us that we should spend a few days right here, and we have a space right on the beach... And I do mean a space... Lol 25' x 25' or there abouts with wall to wall RVs and tents. It feels like a claim from the Goldrush days I've seen a couple gold panners and a couple other detectorists here so far last night and today, I'll start detecting here myself
    25' 25'. Reed that sounds more like a gold rush claim on bad ground. Thanks for starting your journal and sharing your travels. Good luck and stay safe.
    Aufisher and ALewis like this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1700 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Hey Reed.....
    Have some fun will ya?.....

Hope ya find something good on that beach.....
    Reed Lukens, russau and Aufisher like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5159 times
    Prospecting
    Congratulations on the traveling lifestyle and "living the dream" Reed!, look forward to many more entry's in your journal!
    Folks may not remember the words of what you said but they dang sure will remember how you made them feel!

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3200 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151104_110416.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	1231691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151104_130700.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	1231696

I got in some detecting today with the Tesoro Vaquero. It got really windy so I only spent maybe 20 minutes the first time out but man... it was great. Just found some clad and a wheatie but it sure put a smile on my face. This is our little house on the beach. The spot next to us has been empty, so we have a double space at least through tonight. The winds were around 30mph I'm guessing. We had blacktop next to us and now we have our own sand bar... lol. What a great day, Karen had the birds landing right on her lap and taking bread off of her hat. I had them flying to my hand to gently take the bread from me... we will get more pics, it's a great spot for a vacation.
    ratled, russau, ALewis and 4 others like this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4001 times
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! life of the rich and famous! Lifes good ! Enjoy it with your wife Reed! I wanted to do this also BUT things change!

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! life of the rich and famous! Lifes good ! Enjoy it with your wife Reed! I wanted to do this also BUT things change!
    Haha Russ, with my disability and a break from the Rangers, it's costing us $22.50 a night for 4 nights. With my disability passes for state and federal from that accident a couple years ago, it does really help on the costs. Usually in state parks it's $5 to $15 a night but we boondock a lot for free. With the federal pass, we get in to the National Parks for free and camping costs us half. So far we're paying the bills and breaking even, so life is good I definitely wanted to do this before we get to old and unable and all I can say is - Thank God for mining as this is my income.
    russau, Lanny in AB and Aufisher like this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6426 times
    Back in the 80s my last X and I just missed a flash flood on 395 between Lone Pine and Baker and racing down the road like crazy to beat that boiling, frothing boulder soup sure raised the old blood pressure for sure. It's going to be a glorious spring in Death Valley for sure. Party on man-John

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1569 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I REALLY want to do more beach detecting myself, I wish I were down there so that I could pay you a visit and do a couple hunts with you guys.

One thing about beach hunting, man your legs get tired so quick. LOL

My FORS Gold did very well in the dry and somewhat damp salty sand.
    Reed Lukens and Aufisher like this.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1700 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    I have a White's V3i.... It is killer on the beach.
    The multi freq. transitions from wet to dry without having to re-balance every-time.
    Last edited by johnedoe; Nov 05, 2015 at 06:49 PM.
    Reed Lukens and Aufisher like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

May 2012
    16 times
    Love those Casita travel trailers. Have fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links