The Ounce Run - Controlled Testing Run - Another week in the field.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 2

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool video Doc. turned out pretty much as I suspected....

...My one jaw dropping quote...."in Georgia we have to discharge in the water"...:BangHead:

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The second jaw dropper is the $1276 tab plus shipping. This is for the sluice assembly only, not the hoses, pump and engine, etc. WOWSA!!!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep sorta pricey BUT in a couple of weekends itll pay for itself , wouldn't it. If a piece of equipment works as told . the price of raw supplys are forever going up in cost plus labor costs. to make any return on your ideas , you have to make some $$ in the process or it wont last very long!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your looking at 1749 to 1849...+ for keenes that is with pump and hose....but, not the flared second box......and that's a low online price....shops charge more. Try to go to Pioneer inAuburn and get a big Keene for the same price not gonna happen.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome recovery!

Whoever won it on Sunday is a lucky SOB. :)
I hope it wasn't my name that was called because I was stuck in town. lol

I don't think anyone could ask for better than over 99% recovery, just awesome. :D

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome recovery!

Whoever won it on Sunday is a lucky SOB. :)
I hope it wasn't my name that was called because I was stuck in town. lol

I don't think anyone could ask for better than over 99% recovery, just awesome. :D

Whats funny is you read on some threads these guys chiming in saying how inefficient sluices are..missing 80% of the gold just use a pan ...blah blah blah.....

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of my earlier posts were of my testing of the Bazooka Gold Trap (Miner) and I had a Keene behind it, lost nothing to the keene.

I have also tested my yellow jacket and didn't see any loss in the tailings with it either.
Run them right and you wont have losses. :)

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my earlier posts were of my testing of the Bazooka Gold Trap (Miner) and I had a Keene behind it, lost nothing to the keene.

I have also tested my yellow jacket and didn't see any loss in the tailings with it either.
Run them right and you wont have losses. :)
I agree. Our sluices were home built contraptions with various traps. Expanded steel over miners moss, etc. bought $250 of various style molded rubber mats, taped them together with duct tape and never caught enough colors to weigh. (EDIT: Below our old box. )Needless to say expanded steel replaced them and it doesn’t pay for its self either. Gold is easy to trap with certain style systems. Others take special attention to slope and water volume.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's still coming out with new products and mats. I haven't seen any new videos of his lately, he farmed some out to one of the greenhorns on youtube, can't remember his name though...

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good videos. Does anyone know what Doc is up to anymore? Haven’t heard anything from or about him and his products for a long time.
Mike
He has a new product called boar box that is a break down, vertical zigzag sluice design a-la the gold cube but with his mats. Can't post the link since he is no longer a sponsor of this forum. A few videos available if you google "boar box for gold video".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread