Auburn State Recreation Area General Plan/Resource Management Plan

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for providing this. The question on the form seem to be very slanted but there is an opportunity to craft the statement. As I have stated previously the reason the other side gets more of what they want is because they have more people on their side. If everyone on TNET Gets ten people to get 10 people to fill this form in support of mining and educating the public to the value of the history of mining in the area and California and the need for the continuing of the tradition of the individual miner then we will keep what we have. Otherwise the question posed in the form stated exactly what their future intentions are. It says paraphrasing, What activities can we do to generate income to hire more staff. This is always the goal. Self perpetuation. Anyone who has been in ASRA knows they don't need anymore staff. The bathrooms are clean, the staff hiked down to the water and picks up trash at least at Yankee Jim's as I have witnessed that and there is more than one in a truck patrolling as I have seen many times. My plan is to copy this form as it can be sent by US Mail deadline Dec 1st and get as many people to fill it out as possible. I may even provide the stamps and envelopes. My suggestion to all who enjoy prospecting in ASRA to do the same.

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point G-Mo... It is a good oportunity to "craft the statement" and I like the idea. They are asking for a responce to some sort of skewed questions but TN'ers can work with that. This could be the begining of some changes and I haven't gotten all the Gold out of AS-RA yet! Heck I probably just finished paying off my last $80 parking ticket at Yankee Jims where I was greeted by 2 employees glad to take my parking money and saw another staff picking up garbadge across the river???
Good post 2cmorau

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good point G-Mo... It is a good oportunity to "craft the statement" and I like the idea. They are asking for a responce to some sort of skewed questions but TN'ers can work with that. This could be the begining of some changes and I haven't gotten all the Gold out of AS-RA yet! Heck I probably just finished paying off my last $80 parking ticket at Yankee Jims where I was greeted by 2 employees glad to take my parking money and saw another staff picking up garbadge across the river???
Good post 2cmorau

They have plenty of staff roaming around. One of the things I am going to put on the form is for them to delineate the boundaries of the raft takeoutareas so you don't get a ticket for panning kind of close to it.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post 2cmorau

The first public meeting was today:mad:

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Golden, Ca
2nd public meeting is in spring
in the mean time,just a suggestion, all weekend hard working prospectors can inform others while out and about, posting on the Billboards in the rec area, take the time to print out one sheet of business cards with the web address
Get on the mailing list: Throughout the planningand environmental review process, we will emailupdates and newsletters informing you of ongoingwork, alternatives being considered in the GP/RMP,and plan progress. If you did not receive thisnewsletter by email, please email a note [email protected] and ask to be added tothe mailing list.Visit our website: Information about the planningprocess is available online at:Auburn State Recreation Area General Plan/Resource Management Plan.

just a thought

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Golden, Ca
2nd public meeting is in spring
in the mean time,just a suggestion, all weekend hard working prospectors can inform others while out and about, posting on the Billboards in the rec area, take the time to print out one sheet of business cards with the web address
Get on the mailing list: Throughout the planningand environmental review process, we will emailupdates and newsletters informing you of ongoingwork, alternatives being considered in the GP/RMP,and plan progress. If you did not receive thisnewsletter by email, please email a note [email protected] and ask to be added tothe mailing list.Visit our website: Information about the planningprocess is available online at:Auburn State Recreation Area General Plan/Resource Management Plan.

just a thought

Thanks. I am open to all suggestions on this. I am copying and printing the form today. Its gonna be the three foot rule. If someone is within three feet they are getting a form to fill out.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, writing is on the wall. The ASRA is the only place that i could find where I can KIND OF mine in peace. Thanks for sharing, all who enjoy prospecting the ASRA should ACT.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I printed up 200 of the EIR cards and bought 40 stamps. Already started talking to people and passing out the stamped forms. Marshalling the forces now. Anyone that wants to help can PM me.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We Miners are the only user group with a granted right of access to public lands. As such we are not the general public and should have a seat at the table- we should have a bigger part. The outcome of this will depend on the outcome of the EIR/EIS's, anything else is wishful thinking and a feel good check the box jesture. Not beimg my usual negative nellie self but we know how this works, the methodology is the same as will be the outcome without our involvement. Fact is, if you all that live there and use it want to improve or at least maintain your access and what you can do there, get involved in the process. Be a powerful positive presence. If your local and use that area get together and get some folks a seat at the table.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw quite a few people at the meeting. The meeting had at least a hundred people in attendance.. it seemed to me that there was no shortage of prospectors at the meeting .. GoldHounds and others showed up.. I think it went well enough.. Though this is the beginning of a very long process..

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw quite a few people at the meeting. The meeting had at least a hundred people in attendance.. it seemed to me that there was no shortage of prospectors at the meeting .. GoldHounds and others showed up.. I think it went well enough.. Though this is the beginning of a very long process..

I honestly just heard of this or would have been...I'm glad there were prospectors there..when you guys hear about this stuff make sure to double check and make sure others know.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a side note and not to steal this thread....please scroll down to the 5lb nugget post pic and click for the real story about a 6+lb find as the media doesn't believe in troy ounces and a great story. It'll encourage folks to fight harder I hope as still PLENTY of gold out there.....:headbang: John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread