Anyone else getting letters from BLM on assesment?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing at BLM..... AGAIN! ...or is that STILL?

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The funny thing is that when they sent me the recorded affidavit back they sent it to an address that was 2 houses/ 4 years ago! I had a change of addy in for all, the affidavit had the correct addy on it and it clearly stated when complete, send filing to the correct addy!!!!

me thinks that BLM is slipping. That's a shame as BLM was always really nice to me in the past.

ratled

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check each claim in LR2000 could just be a human error that wasn't caught. click the PDF button as an easy way to see all pages
don't know if it applies to your case but on an association claim when you designate a single signer you have to do one for each claim.
I got an extra reminder letter this year about a month ago probably to make you feel like your getting your moneys worth after raising the fees.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Like any other government agency they've had cuts in their funding as well as personnel. Of course when they let people go all the ones that actually did some work were first on the chopping block. That the LR2000 is ONLY 6 months (or more) behind is nothing short of amazing to me.

It's for reasons like this that I plan on using a P.O. Box for the BLM paperwork. Not that I'm planning on moving again mind you but this way it doesn't matter if I do as long as I stay in the same general area. Besides... I don't like the thought of ANY governmental agency knowing where I live if I don't have to.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havn't got anything...and my report online seems all squared away:dontknow:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Like any other government agency they've had cuts in their funding as well as personnel. Of course when they let people go all the ones that actually did some work were first on the chopping block. That the LR2000 is ONLY 6 months (or more) behind is nothing short of amazing to me.

It's for reasons like this that I plan on using a P.O. Box for the BLM paperwork. Not that I'm planning on moving again mind you but this way it doesn't matter if I do as long as I stay in the same general area. Besides... I don't like the thought of ANY governmental agency knowing where I live if I don't have to.
THEY KNOW WHERE ALL OF US ARE!!!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My letter is about making sure to file anal labor and by god that $10 per claim better be there it says also hahahah. I used to be nice and file it all at once but because they have become such aholes I file SMW in august and labors in December to make them lazy dogs do something besides screw with miners-John

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always send certified mail with return receipt.

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Not sure about others but I filed a claim this summer and my claim showed up on LR2000 in 6 days from the day I mailed the paperwork.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have claims even the BLM/FS couldn't find on that lousy LR system. I saw a notice in the paper they were stealing my mineral rights through segregation last may. Over 24 years of records and zilch....incompetence is awarded. Both my trucks fully loaded with supplies and never forget your LEGAL FILE as most important in these insane dangerous times-John

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have claims even the BLM/FS couldn't find on that lousy LR system. I saw a notice in the paper they were stealing my mineral rights through segregation last may. Over 24 years of records and zilch....incompetence is awarded. Both my trucks fully loaded with supplies and never forget your LEGAL FILE as most important in these insane dangerous times-John

John every search input into the LR2000 has to be upper case. When searching for a name upper case last name first. It seems our employees haven't been trained to use the LR2000. The case files are in there or they couldn't threaten you with segregation.

We've put out a tutorial at Land Matters on using the LR2000. It's step by step illustrated with examples. You might consider studying it and passing it along to your local Forest Service and BLM offices.

Here's the link: Demystifying the LR2000

If that is too complex consider using the Land Matters California Claims Map. Just a zoom and two clicks and you will have your case records in hand.

Heavy Pans

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did that to me last year Ratled. I went in, they filled it out for me and filed it. There's some new people working in there now learning as they go.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need it so that info should be sent to the idjets at BLM as I am not getting any more claims in this ^%$thole state. They-BOTH- agencies are the ones too stupid to run their own program not me. John

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the letter Ratled. Mine is a reminder to file my labor assessment, which will be mailed soon, or set to arrive by certified mailing on the 31st. Gotta make them wait for that 10 bucks....

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an FYI: LR2000 still doesn't show they received the small miner waiver. Yet they sent a stamped copy of it back. Claim seekers beware!!!! Use LR2000 as one tool, but not as the only tool in your search for open land. Your county Recorder is the real search. You CAN have a valid claim in the county, even if it's not registered with BLM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread