Reclamation

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happy Thanksgiving back at ya Jeff.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The nice thing about working at a much smaller scale than those guys is that we can do our reclamation as we go. This helps the small guy keep his costs down and get the job done at the same time.

Happy Turkey Day to you too ya "Turkey"!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anywhere I've worked up here for the last 3 years has been under
10' of fast moving water for the past several weeks. Trust me, it's
reclaimed...and hopefully refilled with fresh flood gold for me to go
get next summer.

Happy Thanksgiving to Y'all!

Happy tgiving.jpg

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanks giving Jeff! Hey go stuff yourself, have a Happy- nap ! get some gold!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found that back filling as I go works best out here Dizzy. We don't have enough water to do the filling for us and many of the club claims look like the impact area from many a military mortar range due to the lack of back-filling.

Once I've dug a large enough hole that I'll still have enough room to work in comfort, I start dumping the tailing material in on the starting side. That way when I've finished an area I only have a few feet left to do instead of the entire hole. I move the larger rocks I uncover while digging to the side and when I start filling I roll them into the hole.

I figure that we've got enough problems with the "Green Army" in many areas already and I'm not going to give them any more ammo to use against us.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
GI I used to do the same with my dredge and keep filling in behind me as I go. yep the River rises and actually does the filling in for us , BUT why give them a edge if I don't have to!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread