Question to Mods

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What rules were violated in the "Dredging Kills Salmon" thread that was locked.

I've seen this type of activity taking place since I was a young boy...not only with Salmon or Steelhead fishing, but deer and elk harvesting. Is telling the truth and exposing it "against the rules"? Thanks for your time.

IdahoJake

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably for the comments about the natives that were a little vulgar we aren't allowed to use characters and symbols for cuts words.....and slight polotics

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct. Substituting characters for letters to bypass site censor still violates our rules on language and racist comments always violates our rules...

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang, sorry I missed it.

Become a charter member and repost the political stuff in the politics section.

OP
OP
IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct. Substituting characters for letters to bypass site censor still violates our rules on language and racist comments always violates our rules...

Thanks for the response. After re-reading some of the posts, I understand why it was locked. I think a better way to allow for the conversation, which has many valid points, to continue, would be to censor the ones deemed to violate the rules. JMHO. Again, thanks for the response.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it was my posting's, then I'm sorry if someone felt they were "racist", or over the top. If the mods felt I was over the top and not PC than by all means delete any or all of the posts I made. My comments are not intended to be racist, it's not my nature. My comments were directed to the wrongful actions of PEOPLE, I don't care who you are, what religion or color. Doing something wrong is wrong, why should it matter what race or ethnic origin you are. We are automatically polarized to take it to the he must be racist mode. Funny, when I take my grandkids to the playground they jump right in and don't care who they play with, the other kids could be green or purple they wouldn't care all they know is someone wants to play with them. It's only when we get older are we conditioned and trained to be biased towards others.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Boy I'm on a roll! "Trained" was a poor choice of words. "Polarized" would be a much better word. We are polarized by generalities, preconceived notions, attitudes, and steroptypes. Those responsible for the majority of the conditioning and polarizing would be the media, as well as the Advocacy groups who's existence and funding depend on it.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I'm on a roll! "Trained" was a poor choice of words. "Polarized" would be a much better word. We are polarized by generalities, preconceived notions, attitudes, and steroptypes. Those responsible for the majority of the conditioning and polarizing would be the media, as well as the Advocacy groups who's existence and funding depend on it.

Dont waste my time with that politically correct hogwash.:laughing7:

Man! How does one locate the politics section?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dont waste my time with that politically correct hogwash.:laughing7:

Man! How does one locate the politics section?

In kind I'll assume from your avatar that you are poor, uneducated, and racist -lol! Since I'm from California and like all the Californians you see on tv live just down the street from Disney Land, have a great tan and obviously a boat load of money, I'll be happy to provide a charitable donation towards your Charter Membership- we need the cultural diversity!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe unless you are a Charter member, you can't even "see" it.
Politics forum is a sub forum of Charter Member forum, unless your a charter member you don't see it.

As Charter Member your also eligible for the Charter Member monthly giveaway from Kellyco, this month's prize is a $200 Kellyco gift certificate......

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In kind I'll assume from your avatar that you are poor, uneducated, and racist -lol! Since I'm from California and like all the Californians you see on tv live just down the street from Disney Land, have a great tan and obviously a boat load of money, I'll be happy to provide a charitable donation towards your Charter Membership- we need the cultural diversity!

Fowledup...you were joking with the southern comment, right?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fowledup...you were joking with the southern comment, right?

Ah come on---YES! I was Joking, it was a reference to jumping to conclusions, following sterotypes and automatically "going there" making assumptions. I do have some Cajun roots, and lots of family living in La. and no that is not SoCal "LA"

This has not been a good day of posting for me!

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made every effort to be as respectful as possible to the US's
native Americans, and specifically pointed out that the problem
stems from only a few tribes whose members have chosen to
ignore the science and take all they can, no matter the future
issues that will result as a direct result of their actions.

The site rules here on TNet do make it very difficult to discuss
a subject like this, because no matter how you slice it, there are
passionate emotions involved.

I do apologize if my comments failed to meet the standard of
the rules.

What America needs to realize is that the loss of our migratory
fish stocks results in a whole cascade of problems down the line.
It's not just about having fish for the dinner table, as the lack
of fish affects everything in the system. Eagles come to eat dead
Chum salmon...and find no salmon to eat. Raccoon's, possum,
skunks, weasels, bear, martin, mink and a host of other birds and
4 legged critters survive cold winters because there is salmon
there to eat.

And yes, in order to try and save what is left there are serious
restrictions on any use of creeks or rivers. Hell, I've seen salmon
spawning 2 miles up a creek that was no more than a fat trickle
of water...you'd never expect them there, but there they were.

BTW, it's not just the native tribes, but also commercial fishermen
(making a living) who catch these fish all the way up to Alaska, and
then hammer them again when they come back down the coast
to spawn again in their home rivers.

If the salmon populations were booming, we wouldn't see 10% of the
prospecting and mining restrictions we see now.

The "evil" here is not the native tribes, nor commercial fishermen,
but greed among the same.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diversity!

Unity!

Tolerance? Pfffffft.....

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gone are the days of correcting a wrong with experience, you know like when you see a younger inexperience partner placing a hand on top of a rock below four feet of over burden while dredging, or to point out that a coworker index finger is directly behind the point at which he is drilling, only to have him say I am a journeymen i know what i am doing, then watch him scream and holler why didn't you tell me , true story

that tap on the back of the head to point out that little indiscretion,them days LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread