nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well another Thanks giving has come and gone. Hope everyone had a good one. My wife tells me on Weds. She's going Black Friday shopping with one of her friends early. So knowing I've been bored right out of my mind she tells me to head north OK'. So off I go weather was going to be around 60 degrees bonus! I leave home at the crack of stupid got make the most of the day it's a 2 hr. ride! Not knowing if I would be froze out or not didn't care day out! My prospecting buddy calls me on the way says he's headed up too. Watching the temps on the way, low 30's thinking it's a crap shoot the closer I got I'm seeing ponds skimmed over with ice, ledges look like frozen waterfalls. We went to one of our new spots we call it Red River Valley cause of all the Garnets. When I got there temp is 47 degrees great, go down to the water ground NOT frozen HAPPY DAY! Started sluicing this place the dirt has so many Garnets and black sands it's like running concentrates. I ran 5-5 gallon buckets classified to 1/4" slow current it runs much better! Here's some pics. of another great day on the Wild Am.:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:

Attachments

• DSCF0286.JPG
    DSCF0286.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF0289.JPG
    DSCF0289.JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF0287.JPG
    DSCF0287.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF0306.JPG
    DSCF0306.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF0308.JPG
    DSCF0308.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is spending faster than you can dig it!

ratled

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No she's not she has her own money! And there's no bed rock at least I haven't found it just big potatoes and clay. it all seems to be on the surface in one specific layer just like the other spots I've got.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, this spot is the one where the ground is just red garnets. It seems to be in pockets on the surface the over-burden is what we're running. Nothing deep just like my other spot.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I've just got one question for ya NH..... What's it going to be when it grows up? I'm kidding of course. Looks like a pretty good haul for 5 buckets!

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just got one question for ya NH..... What's it going to be when it grows up? I'm kidding of course. Looks like a pretty good haul for 5 buckets!

OK' Don't quit your day job, LOL! Just so you know GI it grew up to 1/2 oz. for the season. It was a good haul for what I ran. Of course I didn't tell you the dumb azz thing I did brought home 10 buckets put 5 in a big tub, mistake ended up having to shovel out half of it to get the tub out of my truck wet dirt is HEAVY!!!!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dirt is heavy NH. WET dirt is heavier is all. I've noticed that when I only classify to 1/2 the buckets don't weigh nearly as much as when I go smaller. I guess there's less air space or something like that. Wet you're not going to have ANY air in there to lighten it up.

BTW... What's wet dirt? I haven't seen any for so long now I've forgotten what the heck that is!

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially in a big tub! I brought it to the truck in 1/2 buckets not paying attention before I knew it, the tub was full! Won't do that again gotta get some more Homer buckets! We don't have wet dirt either it's FROZEN now!

Last edited:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another great cleanup sir. Why didn"t you drop off a bucket of dirt. I think you drove right by my house. I would have given ya five bucks for one. Or what ever you think a bucket is worth. Would have helped with the gas money. If you drive R.T.E 202 thur Epsom Im right on the highway. Alright just saying.You don"t have to but I would like to meet ya.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
years back I went to our last meeting of the year with 3 5 gallon buckets of "cons" or so I thought. This meeting was a "bring your cons to a cleanup" so I did ! there was a lot of people there at the meeting. I offered a bucket for people to cleanup BUT I got NO offers.......Ok! so I started panning the first one that wasn't completely full and I offered anyone to pan some of it.. nobody took it! as I got down towards the bottom of the bucket I hit the gold................................................OMG it wasn't my cons bucket that I offered for anyone BUT my super con bucket that was loaded! BOY im glad nobody took me up on it! I called for my good friend Doug Foster to look at it and he called everyone over to see what they lost out on! Anyone could of had it with no regrets for free! BUT now that I saw what I brought I thought id better keep it after all!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you do w/the Garnets? Are they valueless? Good luck.

Garnets are USUALLY not worth much at all. There are a couple of types that can be worth more than diamonds, but those are very VERY rare. Even though they're not worth much (they do make sandpaper out of them after all) I still save the nicer ones I find just because I like them.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like them too. And it's my wife's birth stone I saved a couple of vials of them for her. She's happy as clam! She's into rocks and minerals so I try to find some interesting rocks for her. And I find some pretty cool drift wood too! Hey Tripp our season is done next season if you want to go. See if there's a park and ride in Tilton we can meet there I go across rt.140 to Tilton.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would be Great N.H. There is a park and ride in Tilton. Across from Home depot. Ill send you my phone number. And we can dig some holes when it warms up.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a plan man!