Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry we do not allow links to Facebook pages on treasure hunting......

OP
OP
A

AGP

Dec 1, 2015
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh sorry.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More competition for the GPAA is a good thing in my opinion. I've been prospecting for almost six years now and I joined the GPAA finally about half a year ago, I am less than impressed with the organization itself. The local chapter is awesome, but the people in California at their headquarters are very ignorant to any type of contact at all with them, and any suggestions or recommendations for their organization just fall on deaf ears.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Anyclub is only as good as its members! that's why the gpaa club , gateway gold prospectors of St.Louis Misery failed and got booted out og the gpaa and now is closeing shop! to much socializing and not enough mining!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I got started in prospecting and mining back in the early 80s and so far I've avoided joining the GPAA. I've got a lot of friends that have been with them for years and almost to a person they say that the group has really gone down hill over the last few years. I've gone out with them to some of the group claims and have yet to find anything worth writing home about. Many of the claims looked like they were part of the impact area at the Ft Hood artillery ranges.

In my humble opinion, a person can do much better by joining up with a local club that doesn't require GPAA membership. You can still learn the ropes, make some new friends and have a good time without having to pay yet another group. While GPAA USED to be a good group back in the days of "The Buzzard" it's been dying a slow death since his passing.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Even their Nome operation is an expensive joke.
I went to their forum and of course you have to sign up.... I have been getting an endless stream of solicitation to join up at huge discounts..... I think they are about dead, very desperate at the least.

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined a few years ago they couldn't even spell my last name! Even after 4 phone calls still have the card with the wrong name :-(

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined them way back and used their claims for a long time when I needed a break from the black water claim we still work. The LDMA back then had a claim on the NF Yuba above Convict Flat that I pulled ounce days from many times until they were forced to return it to the owner because of claim jumpers trespassing on other claims. I've been a member and have supported them for decades. Buzzard's shows brought so many people into mining and his kids have also. I've never had a bad experience with the GPAA in over 25 years and never had a problem finding gold. This was on the LDMA claim in 2000

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
FOR ME , the gpaa has changed a lot! I quit them some years back and im NOT ever going back! the gpaa has taught me the ropes and I had a lot of fun , BUT in the last few years it changed for me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I'm starting an amateur gold prospecting show, American Gold Prospectors. It should be ready in late winter. If anyone wants to follow my progress you can go to the Prospectors Journal forum.

Just let us Know when & what channel on TV to watch it on

OP
OP
A

AGP

Dec 1, 2015
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is episode #1 Enjoy!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved it when Buzzard was alive, it was much different back then. Never seen that video, beautiful stretch of the Yuba, shallow bedrock good gold, good food and friends. Thanks for sharing

I joined them way back and used their claims for a long time when I needed a break from the black water claim we still work. The LDMA back then had a claim on the NF Yuba above Convict Flat that I pulled ounce days from many times until they were forced to return it to the owner because of claim jumpers trespassing on other claims. I've been a member and have supported them for decades. Buzzard's shows brought so many people into mining and his kids have also. I've never had a bad experience with the GPAA in over 25 years and never had a problem finding gold. This was on the LDMA claim in 2000

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AGP

Dec 1, 2015
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished episode #3. It's 50 minutes long so if your bored give it a watch! Enjoy.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Bryan! I hate to tell you this you spelled veteran wrong! LOL! That guy Skip was out in the water high-banking up into November. BURRRR!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread