Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple of years ago I had a friend detect a 9.6 gram nugget on Weaver mountain. Nice nugget. By the time the word of his find made it's way across Rich Hill to Stanton camp (about a mile and a half) that nice nugget weighed nearly 3 ounces and my friend hadn't even left his house.

That 9 million acre Sagely withdrawal is unlikely to make it the full mile and a half. This was the same nonsense the EPA pulled with the CWA changes they made earlier this year that were shot down rather quickly by the courts. None of the States are happy with the Department of Interior throwing 5 years of "coordination" out the door two days after the Sage Goose was declared in no danger of extinction or even in danger of experiencing a few moments of discomfort. The Sage Juice in fact had increased in population over those five years and now outnumbers high school graduates in Washington D.C.

Now every Governor in the western states is calling for the head of the DOI, Secretary Sally, to be mounted on a pike at the foot of the Rocky Mountains to warn off any other Washington D.C. public servants who get drunk and wander across the Potomac too far.

In point of fact this withdrawal is unlikely to make it to next spring. This temporary withdrawal will automatically expire in two years unless Congress is stupid enough to try to extend it in an election year. Those guys and gals in Congress aren't the brightest but they are marginally smart enough to know when their Sage Goose is cooked. I suspect those pissed off Governors will get satisfaction from the courts long before then. Secretary Sally will look nice on somebody's mantle despite the missing head. And all will be well with the world until the next 9.6 gram nugget is found.

In the meantime three folks are working hard in Arizona with no encouragement or attention from anyone to open another 9 million acres to mineral entry next week. Of course those 9 million acres are just here in little ol' Arizona where we were already smart enough to hunt down all the various Sage silliness and eat them before Secretary Sally decided to commit political suicide.

I'll let you know how it goes next week, if I remember. In the meantime enjoy your anger over those 190 billion acres of Sage Poop. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

It gets better. Several of us are currently working to overturn the Loach Minnow Critical Habitat designation. And we have found a way. The only question that remains is are the eco freaks dumb enough to take the bait. Are they going to let 8 miles of river go or are they going to fight for those 8 with a serious possibility of losing over 700 miles of "critical Habitat".

Critical Habitat was "designated" here a long time ago. And the eco freaks were the ones who delayed it's implementation. So if the eco freaks don't like it, then they had damn well better not drink or bath in any of the water out of the Central Arizona Project that supplies Phoenix and Tucson.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone care to know why that REALLY happened? I found a LOT of very nice prospects in the Chocolate Mountains (East side of Salton Sea). I started researching the geography of the area, and found the following article.

Read This:

GOVERNMENT LAND GRABS

Enjoy - Mike

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, the Chocalate Mts were swapped for some worthless private land. The beneficiary of this "deal" was Michael Blum. Feinstein's husband.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone care to know why that REALLY happened? I found a LOT of very nice prospects in the Chocolate Mountains (East side of Salton Sea). I started researching the geography of the area, and found the following article.

Read This:

GOVERNMENT LAND GRABS

Enjoy - Mike

Not the only one. One of these days I am going to have to find a scanner big enough to scan the old map of the "Superstitions" I have.. It is interesting to say the least. Tells a completely different story of what is there.

And I have found a lot of references to the "Superstitions" and another mountain range having their names swapped back around the turn of the century. Now why would you do that if you are not trying to hide something?

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike, the Chocalate Mts were swapped for some worthless private land. The beneficiary of this "deal" was Michael Blum. Feinstein's husband.

And this surprises us WHY??? Yet another example of the "California Good Ol Boys Club" in action. Anyone still wonder why I left the state?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this surprises us WHY??? Yet another example of the "California Good Ol Boys Club" in action. Anyone still wonder why I left the state?
I hear that Jeff !! I remember when they pulled that one off. Even the L.A. Times and Sac. Bee were offended and shocked at the unchallenged corruption

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread