I just read a post about gold in the Bitterroot.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Indiana you need property owners written permission to egress, unless it is public area. As far as permits, you will need to see what Montana requires.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just go ahead and go...the river is open to the public. Stay below the high water marks. Just don't trespass on private land when going to and from the river. I used to live between Darby and Hamilton myself. Graduated from Darby HS in 1966. My folks had a ranch at Charlos Heights.
Jim

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Just go ahead and go...the river is open to the public. Stay below the high water marks. Just don't trespass on private land when going to and from the river. I used to live between Darby and Hamilton myself. Graduated from Darby HS in 1966. My folks had a ranch at Charlos Heights.
Jim

Small World isn't it. Thanks Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's a creek called Gold Ck, that comes in from the west side. It's a little north of C.H. I assume it has a little in it, hence the name. You might try there, too.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread