Two Man Team Working Boulder Crevice Using Manual Gold Pumps

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a short video showing how my friend and I were able to both work the same large crevice beneath a very large boulder which was wedged in the middle of the waterway. Beneath this boulder was a massive pool of material which contained gold as we saw it being held in the sluice riffles when we were running the dirt through the supersluices we use. We were using manual gold pumps, also knows as Henderson pumps or manual water pumps, you can see practically no material drops from the end of the pumps due to the 90 degree bends on the end of the pumps, meaning what gets sucked up stays there until its moved to the bucket for sluicing. We worked this spot for 2 days clearing as much material from the crevice before we had to leave, I've still yet to pan my concentrated material from my sluice as thats a winter gold panning project while I can't go prospecting.

Upvote 0

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love seeing the Scottish countryside; you usually show a bit of that but not this time. Basically I think you need to clip this one to about 1 minute or so since you are just filming the two of you doing the handing dredging. But once you see that a couple of times, you've seen it.

Still you guys are troopers, it is obviously cold and the water must be freezing cold, too. Don't forget, we want pictures of the gold after you get a chance to sort it out during the winter. :)

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a link in the video to another I uploaded where I do describe the area in general that's being worked, showing the sluices in the river, the boulder from a distance and the general riverway, it should have shown up as a clickable link but yeah, I understand what you're saying aout the video length, this was chopped down from the original too lol.....
Yeah the water was a bit nippy to say the least, that was my last trip of this year and probably won't be back out again until March time next year but yes, I've still got all my con's from every trip so far to sort through so there'll be pics or videos when i get round to sorting through all that con

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's a link in the video to another I uploaded where I do describe the area in general that's being worked, showing the sluices in the river, the boulder from a distance and the general riverway, it should have shown up as a clickable link but yeah, I understand what you're saying aout the video length, this was chopped down from the original too lol.....
Yeah the water was a bit nippy to say the least, that was my last trip of this year and probably won't be back out again until March time next year but yes, I've still got all my con's from every trip so far to sort through so there'll be pics or videos when i get round to sorting through all that con

Great; hopefully you got some larger stuff.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shovel....

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah here's hoping for some chunkier stuff in my con's, although I would have thought I'd have seen such pieces in my sluice, not always but usually they get caught high up on the flare, here's hoping they slipped straight past and got caught on the drop riffles lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread