12348112_986427898096775_3683717738084623284_n[1].jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy is begging for investors on Craigslist, which is fine I guess but he doesn't have the property under claim...very odd

Discovered Gold Vein need Investor

5 lbs in a few hours with a metal detector. Troy pounds, that's 60oz, double the price because they are "specimens" and the guy made $120k
in a few hours... AND he wants an investor to pony up a quarter million.

Why not go out for another couple hours and get another $120k in gold and there is your quarter million that you need. No investor necessary,
and you get to keep all the profits.

That ad doesn't pass the smell test.. Most likely just going to take your $10k down payment and disappear.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
This guy is a high end custom jeweler who deals in precious metals and stones, and semi precious stones. I doubt his need to bilk someone of their 10,000. What he recovered is what has weathered out of the vein, so it is doubtful without opening it up there is little to recover. Specimen gold is worth exactly what collectors are willing to pay for it. Without cleaning and presentation, it would be difficult to get that kind of money out of those pieces in my humble opinion. Those are one percenter pieces, and would have to be marketed by a high end broker like Kristalle or one of the other highenders. Seems like a CL add is just asking for headaches, but not my call. No denying the beauty of the pieces....

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The guy who had the pieces said it was a float from a lode, and that he will be exploiting the vein in the near future, Maybe there are two?

There very well could be I suppose (or perhaps craigs list shenanigans?)

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
5 lbs in a few hours with a metal detector. Troy pounds, that's 60oz, double the price because they are "specimens" and the guy made $120k
in a few hours... AND he wants an investor to pony up a quarter million.

Why not go out for another couple hours and get another $120k in gold and there is your quarter million that you need. No investor necessary,
and you get to keep all the profits.

That ad doesn't pass the smell test.. Most likely just going to take your $10k down payment and disappear.

People copy pictures and post bogus schemes on craigslist every day. A good strike will always pay it's own way. A claim costs less than $250 in fees and less than $100 in staking and gas.

$250,000 mining deals are not made on craigslist. This deal is a fake or the man is a fool. Simple as that.

Yeah the whole deal stinks.

Heavy Pans

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Trusting ANYTHING on Craigslist is not the wisest thing to do. True I have found some great deals on there but like Clay said, a strike that rich would pay its own way. If you can't afford to stake and file then there's a real problem. Any one of those chunks would more than cover the fees and then it's full steam ahead.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't speculate on the Craigslist listing, doesn't seem like the thing to do, but again not my deal. I just liked the pieces...... Wish we all had about twenty tons of that ore

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This guy is a high end custom jeweler who deals in precious metals and stones, and semi precious stones. I doubt his need to bilk someone of their 10,000. What he recovered is what has weathered out of the vein, so it is doubtful without opening it up there is little to recover. Specimen gold is worth exactly what collectors are willing to pay for it. Without cleaning and presentation, it would be difficult to get that kind of money out of those pieces in my humble opinion. Those are one percenter pieces, and would have to be marketed by a high end broker like Kristalle or one of the other highenders. Seems like a CL add is just asking for headaches, but not my call. No denying the beauty of the pieces....

" Specimen gold is worth exactly what collectors are willing to pay for it. "

Boy your right about that Oak . I don't know how so many people got to thinking every rock
with some gold on it is worth so much more on principle alone . It's just not that way in reality .

Your also right in that there is no denying the beauty of those pieces . Good stuff is good stuff .

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HOLY COW! NOW THATS NICE!

A real treat to see over the winter. :D

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pile of gold for sure. By the way that post on Craigslist was flagged for removal, so that says a lot. Dennis

S

stefen

Darn and just when I have some loose change from selling my share of the Golden Gate Bridge...

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a pic:-)

That pic looks eerily familiar. If this came from where I think it did, then I would be REAL careful if I was the guy trying to bilk money out of investors. The people there don't play games.

There have actually been several high grade strikes here in AZ. There are just being kept quiet. Two of them will have very low production costs once up and fully running. And both of these are in areas where they said there is no gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread