Anyone know where I can download a blank placer location form for Washington?

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 1990's I bought a couple from a local printer but they are lost at this point and he went out of business.
There must be somewhere to download a printable "notice of location of placer" form suitable for Washington, but mostly I find them for Cali, Oregon and Alaska.

I filed on this claim once with the county in the 1990's but it got jumped before I filed with BLM. I was a kid and had no interest in court proceedings, It's open again now and I want to get er done right this time.
Anyone have links?

Upvote 0

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just download one of those, and change the state. There are no official forms, that I know of.. Scribble the info on a napkin and have
it notarized and go file it if you have to.

OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, right on , thanks.... The old printer in the 90's probably bs'd me a little to sell his product.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Washington, looks like they have a notary section is why its different than Oregon or California.
where I'm at they now sell them at the county recorders office because all the stationary stores closed down.

placer; 250 Notice of Location of Placer Claim - Stevens-Ness Law Publishing Co. - Portland, OR
lode; 284D Notice of Mining Location (Vein or Lode Claim) - Stevens-Ness Law Publishing Co. - Portland, OR

if you click on the preview on these you can see what it looks like,
I don't think you have to use these but it has to have all the required parts for Washington.

Last edited:

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check your County Recorder's Office or the BLM. One or the other should have them. Also, try your state's BLM website online.

As far as claiming ground, generally, the first man on the ground with a proper monument and corners gets dibs (provided it's open for location and there are no other conflicting claimants). Your claim status is valid (theoretically) as soon as that part is done.
Then, it's 90 days to file with the county and BLM. I like to get the paperwork recorded with the County first, then go to the BLM with the recorded paperwork for the Mining Claim serial number and pay the location fee. The BLM will usually issue Mining Claim Serial numbers covering the same ground all day long to anyone who walks in with the money as long as the ground is open for location for mineral entry.
It's up to the claimants to sort out who was on the ground first with proper monument and corners. I think it would be good to have a witness in the field on the day you are making your location, so that you have someone who can back up your claim date. Take some photos for evidence.
The States have the authority to lay out the particulars on claiming ground open for valuable mineral deposit location, so be sure to read the details for your state.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Before you go threw all that, have you tested the claim, is it worth your time and money.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found this... http://desertphile.org/gold/ca3800-01_rev11-99.pdf
You can make your own so long as it contains all the important info and follows the margin requirements of the filing county.

Dont forget you need to also file a Intent to Hold form in the first year. If you are filing the location notice you should already have a discovery stake in the ground

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different counties like different forms and most don't like the BLM forms at all. Take your info to the Recorder and ask them to get you the paperwork that they like to use. They will do it with others sometimes but others will have you filling out a new form. They have Notaries right there to help if needed.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just download one of those, and change the state. There are no official forms, that I know of.. Scribble the info on a napkin and have
it notarized and go file it if you have to.

Bob has it right. There is no such thing as a "form" when you are making a claim of right. There is no requirement for a Notary in Washington State.

The State does have the right to govern the making of a location within limits. As with any question regarding the law it's much better to actually read the law than ask on an internet forum.

Making a mining claim location in Washington State is pretty easy. HERE are the laws governing mining claim location in Washington.

Using a form provided by lawyers or other locators can be a very bad idea. In Arizona for many years using the free "form" offered by the BLM and the State would leave you with a location that didn't meet the legal requirements.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled a flake the size of a thumb nail off of it in 1997, 2.5 ounces in a boil hole one day in 96 and and a nugget the size of my pinky nail busting bedrock. Turned the sluice yellow more than once.
:thumbsup:

It's very nice =)

I was just a kid at the time , playing at prospecting. Had no idea the value of my find. Made the mistake of telling a hitch hiker about it.
That's who jumped my claim and overfiled me.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, it's been 20 years , but I done it once before. 20 Years is a long time to forget things.

OP
OP
Ragnor

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LR2000 shows no claim listed in the 1/4 section I am interested in. If that's any indication then I should be good to go.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You need to check for new locations at the County Auditor before you are good to go Ragnor.

Claimants in Washington have 30 days to Record their Location Notice. A copy of that needs to be filed within 90 days at the BLM.
The County updates the Record within a day or two of the recording.
The BLM might get around to updating the LR2000 in a week or a month or three months, no one knows? ??? :dontknow:

Then it's time to walk the location and look for current monuments or stakes.

Then you might be good to go.

Here's hoping they left you some of those nuggets. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread