goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummm A little more information would help us to help you. Exactly what are you asking for help with? We can't give you an answer if we don't know the question.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious about NC pay to pan sites as well. Think I might go down to lucky strike mine in Marion and rent a highbanker and some dirt unless somebody can talk me out of it. Judging from a search the forum consensus seems to be that Thermal City is better but they don't seem to be open in winter.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Grubbin mine in Georgia they have a pay and play too. and they are open year round. My mining buddy wants to go there this winter. My avatar picture is grubbing gold.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Grubbin mine in Georgia they have a pay and play too. and they are open year round. My mining buddy wants to go there this winter. My avatar picture is grubbing gold.

I went to the Crisson Mine in GA, once. Panned a five gallon bucket and took a $15 bag of concentrates home. It was fun. Kinda like fishing the hatchery pond though. Not nearly as fun as prospecting, but far more productive for a newcomer like me.

OP
OP
L

lando

Greenie
Dec 4, 2015
oak hill wv
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was just wondering if anyone had been there. And was wondering if it would b worth my drive. I watched some videos on the place and it didn't seem to b a hotspot.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old saying is Gold is where you find it ! Maybe thats a new saying that I just made up . lol . The thing is you will never know , if you don't try

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold there is very small and not much. The price is right though. You're better off going to lucky strike. I actually believe the gold there is better than thermal, but you can do quite well sometimes at the $10 pan all day area.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on these places is your going for the fun of it , don't expect any , and if you get some color it's all good . I don't think many of us on here expect anymore that that . Expecialy in a pay to play spot .

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those places do let you in the river for a fee. Pan or dredging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread