Good Times With Goldenmojo

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450109127.110351.jpg
Goldenmojo and I got the chance to get out again this weekend to do some prospecting. He has previously joined me on the NF american river over the summer and showed me the bear river last month. We planned to arrive to the SF american river on Saturday with a 730 start time because we both had plans later in the day. Start of the day was FREEZING, im talking numb hands while panning. We were finding some color here and there, prospecting our way upstream. Goldenmojo taught me the geology of the river and where to most likely find the gold. I mimicked his approach and eventually got into some really nice gold! Someone had cleared out the bedrock under some suspended boulders but only cleared the very bottom and left some nice looking crevices. I pulled nearly a gram out of there over a few hours just panning- thats really good for me! The photo shows most of the gold, minus the mercury covered stuff which I kept seperate. I repeatedly invited Goldenmojo over as there was a lot of ground to work under the suspended boulders but he refused, and let me have at it. Goldenmojo is a stand-up guy! On previous trips he helped me set-up the Bazooka he loaned me and even shoveled into the sluice for me- refusing to share the take. He has showed me some nice winter digs and taught me a whole lot more about geology, geography, and gold! The gold was good, but the time with Goldenmojo was the real treasure of the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that's Joe

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pan! Mojo is one heck of a good guy and an awesome miner as well!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that's Joe alright! Man I wanted to get Saturday too but things have been to hectic latley. Holiday obligations, busy season at work and the COLD have kept me inside.
At this rate I won't be getting out till after new year! Ugh.. looks like I won't be adding to my season total :(

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the kind words all. It was a great day on the river SOHR. Your persistence paid off well working that area and tossing full pans of paydirt along the riverbank. We'll have to get out again soon although its not going to be any warmer.

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol yeah I forgot about the paydirt falls. Early in the day Joe slipped on a wet log and dumped a pan of paydirt. I followed that up by slipping on some wet bedrock and dumping my own pan of pay along the banks... Gold fever can make you take your eyes off the ball sometimes lol

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol yeah I forgot about the paydirt falls. Early in the day Joe slipped on a wet log and dumped a pan of paydirt. I followed that up by slipping on some wet bedrock and dumping my own pan of pay along the banks... Gold fever can make you take your eyes off the ball sometimes lol

I usually fall at least once a day in that place. It's brutal.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw the algae and muck covered log protruding out of the ground but I stepped om it anyway. I scraped as much of the material that I could back in the pan. It turned out to be the richest pan of the day with the unknown being how much I gave back to the river during the spill.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the algae and muck covered log protruding out of the ground but I stepped om it anyway. I scraped as much of the material that I could back in the pan. It turned out to be the richest pan of the day with the unknown being how much I gave back to the river during the spill.

Ouch! Also....that stretch is going to be that way for a while now. Are you still paddlin' or did you guys rock hop the whole way?

Also is there going to be a ring thread or what?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote for ring thread.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ouch! Also....that stretch is going to be that way for a while now. Are you still paddlin' or did you guys rock hop the whole way?

Also is there going to be a ring thread or what?

Ring thread yes. For the stretch its hopping all the way and the current is really boxed in and too swift for paddling. Found a little section with a different read and I am going full out Aufisher on it if you know what I mean.... I will take some better pics of the ring and then a thread. The second ring will be finished Monday so by then....

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing difficult about having great times with great people. Takoda if you ever put out a calendar of your gold shots put me first on the purchase list. That stuff is beautiful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread