jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Doc for having this giveaway for people that don't or wont get a facebook account.
why I wont join facebook, I cant just read it without joining? their doing this to all facebook sites, vendor, non-profits, personal pages...
if you scroll down any this white banner will slide up the page until it blocks the page. I'll have nothing to do with a-holes like that...
View attachment 1245230

I appreciate when our Sponsors actually set up For Our Members .

and agree I will never Sign up to Facebook & will always Complain when
sponsors tell members to go to Facebook for a Contest.
(naturally it's their prerogative with their paid sponsorship, But not liked by me)
So I thank Doc for setting the contest up here.
even if he had barred Mods and newbies from joining in .

as for allowing Newbies, I can see both sides of the issue.
but being I like attracting new Members. It's all good.
as long as it's not mostly Newbies & mods
odds are still in favor of a contributing member winning.

Not sure why the title of this thread says:

• trouble maker
I almost deleted the thread and sent the OP on Walkabout :unhappysmiley:.

I'm Glad to see it is Not necessary :thumbsup:

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'm still waiting for the mods to designate a sarcasm font Jeff. Maybe the Comic Sans would be a good choice? Might keep some of the arguments from starting and have them be received as intended instead.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sarcasm can be tuff.

something like this could be considered rude depending on when it is used

images.jpg imag.jpg

Perhaps something like this

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm still waiting for the mods to designate a sarcasm font Jeff. Maybe the Comic Sans would be a good choice? Might keep some of the arguments from starting and have them be received as intended instead.

Don't see it happening, a post in a "sarcasm font" that breaks our rules would still violate TN rules and some members would use it as a defense to get away with insulting other members.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am of course not advocating that any one be insulting towards other members here or break any of the other rules. BUT... the font would be of great use in some posts. Especially those for example that pay "compliments" to groups like the Sierra Fund or individuals like Izzy Martin .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got to have a pot stirrer once in awhile! LOL! It keeps us on our toes. Gotta have a sense of humor or life would be boring!

though I agree with you ,
The problem is we are a very big family here with every possible type of Person.
Not all of Which are Comfortable with being Egged on by others.
for instance something said to me, that may make me laugh or think "moron :laughing7:"

may be an Insult to someone else if said to them.
and no amount of these :tongue3: will prevent them from striking back, Or leaving feeling Hurt.
So unfortunately, a bit of Tiptoeing is expected on a Family type forum like this.

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Jeff we do have to tippie toe from time to time. I myself know that not everyone has a sense humor like me. I do have different outlook than most almost dying twice kinda does that to you. And I'm from NH. I think it's something in the Granite.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got to have a pot stirrer once in awhile! LOL! It keeps us on our toes. Gotta have a sense of humor or life would be boring!

One of the major problems is new members would see it and think it is okay to attack and insult others and a some long time members would use it to insult their "foes" in threads......... It would create more work for mods too.....I see one member saying " I was just being sarcastic" and the other member saying "no you intentionally insulted me"...

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Jeff we do have to tippie toe from time to time. I myself know that not everyone has a sense humor like me. I do have different outlook than most almost dying twice kinda does that to you. And I'm from NH. I think it's something in the Granite.

You're an evil, sick and twisted person Nh. Nugget! I KNEW there was something about you I liked!

But Bossman Jeff is right. We do have to tiptoe at times. There are those here that either are lacking anything close to a sense of humor, are easily offended, or hold onto a grudge like a drowning man hangs onto a life preserver. Even though there are those that really need a good dose of sarcasm I guess we shouldn't administer it to them. It's hard to resist at times and I like to think that I've shown AMAZING restraint with certain individuals here at times. Considering my sense of humor, to only have had my posts redacted (spelled removed) or been "corrected" by the mods a couple of times since I've been on here that's doing pretty good for me. In real life I don't show anywhere NEAR that level of restraint, much to my girlfriends dismay at times. I chalk it up to the seclusion of the desert having given me time to learn what's really important in life.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK' GI you got me! I told you there's something in the granite, I think it's called radiation! LOL! I told you I'm the kid your mother WARNED you about! :headbang: I think we all have been guilty of stirring now and then but our Mods keep us in line right Jeff, Treasure Hunter. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread