Wallowa-Whitman National forest calls for 1,261 miles of roads to be destroyed.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
With just a quick scan of the listed documents, the first thing I see is a lack of a proper Environmental Impact STUDY in that list of reports which is REQUIRED by law before any public road can be closed if it is shown on a map dated before 1976. I ran into this in part of the Coronado National Forest. A road that was show on a 1975 map of the area had been closed without a full EIS. It was access to a lode claim at the top of the hill. I pointed out the law to the claim owner and he was able to regain access to his claim with little to no problem. The Forest Service had only done an environmental statement instead of the full study to try and save money while they pulled the wool over the publics' eyes. A TAR is NOT an EIS by any means. The proper maps can be had from the USGS site for free. FAFA might want to check out the law as well as the maps from the time period to have more ammo to oppose this action.

Once again the agencies in charge are over reaching their mandated authority and are in need of a firm reminder from the people that they work for of just where the line is drawn. There are laws against this kind of "land grab" on the books and they need a firm reminder that they are not above them.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
He or she will just go and complain to the union and most likely it will end up with them getting a promotion and reassignment to another area where they can cause more damage. Actually being able to get one of them fired is nigh onto impossible unless he insults someone higher up the food chain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread