What is a good and cheap gold recoverer?

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$54 24x48x1/4" plexiglass.
$25 180 GPH 120VAC fountain pump.
$10 10 gallon Rubbermaid "toughbin"
$9 green cutting mat.
$7 Plexiglass welding solvent.
$4 plexiglass solvent applicator.
$4 5/8"od acrylic tube.
$3 1/2"id pvc hose.
$2.50 1/8" NPT/1/2" hose barb.
$0.50 glass vial.
Free labor.
=$119 Miller table.

IMG_2810.JPG

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And once you're done with the miller table above, you should have enough plexi and solvent left over to build a 12V recirc fluid bed.

$78 Deep cycle marine battery.
$30 CPVC pipe and fittings.
$50 800 GPH bilge pump+cable, clips, heatshrink, and fuseholder.
$10 7 gal mixing pan.
$5 Silicone sealant.
$5 3/4"ID Vinyl hose.
$3 3/4"NPT/3/4" hose barb.

IMG_2833.JPG

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my gold pan. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My gold pan is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My gold pan, without me, is useless.
Without my gold pan, I am useless. I must use my gold pan true.
I must use my gold pan with more skill than the miner down the creek, he wants the gold too.
I must get the gold before he does. I will...
My gold pan and I know that what counts in mining is not the number of pans we work,
the amount of dirt we move, or the speed. We know that it is the specs of gold that count.
We will find them...
My gold pan is human, even as I, because it is my life.
Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its feel, its grooves and its function.
I will keep my gold pan seasoned and ready, even as I am seasoned and ready.
We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed.
My gold pan and I are the purists in my country. We are the masters of the creeks.
We are the finders of riches.
So be it, until the gold is mine, there are no more creeks, and I no longer can stand.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like his metal detecting and flagging technique a lot. All those classifiers seems a little silly out in the field.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
This is my gold pan. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My gold pan is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My gold pan, without me, is useless.
Without my gold pan, I am useless. I must use my gold pan true.
I must use my gold pan with more skill than the miner down the creek, he wants the gold too.
I must get the gold before he does. I will...
My gold pan and I know that what counts in mining is not the number of pans we work,
the amount of dirt we move, or the speed. We know that it is the specs of gold that count.
We will find them...
My gold pan is human, even as I, because it is my life.
Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its feel, its grooves and its function.
I will keep my gold pan seasoned and ready, even as I am seasoned and ready.
We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed.
My gold pan and I are the purists in my country. We are the masters of the creeks.
We are the finders of riches.
So be it, until the gold is mine, there are no more creeks, and I no longer can stand.
Doc I seem to remember this poem/post back when it had some other words like riffle and gun! :) Yep I got caught saying gun in the Army referring to my riffle and had to run around the company area saying that "phrase" over and over!!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russ you've been in the gold game so long you now spell rifle the same as a sluice rifFle!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like his metal detecting and flagging technique a lot. All those classifiers seems a little silly out in the field.

Especially if you have a Bazooka placed so you can shovel directly in. I do like his idea of determining where the black sand concentration is. I know to do that but never have. My detector doesn't tell me % mineralization, though so I have never been too tempted to do it. In fact, the small creek I enjoy working with you, we just work it from bank to bank. With a larger stream, his technique could be very useful.

If there was bedrock, a hand dredge would be handy but there don't seem to be crevices and cracks to clean out. Maybe I ought to use one directly into a Bazooka instead of shoveling?? Sitting like Reed Lukens does might be nice!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread