goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
VERY cool Bob! If I'm ever up that way I'll have to stop by and check it out in person!!! Excellent craftsmanship on the build of the model.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas back to ya Bob! How are you doing health wise?..................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
63bkpkr
I'm hanging in there. Stroke set me back but my vision is getting better. Prostate surgery was postponed due to the stroke.
Thinking of moving to warmer climes...we've already got over 2' of snow in a week :censored: Got to find somewhere that doesn't get snow and still allows me to continue gold prospecting.
Bob

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bob,

I really enjoyed reading the information on your blog.

I've been to Idaho City and to Placerville chasing the gold when my boys were young: your blog with the shot of the dredge brought back a lot of memories.

All the best, and I truly hope you have a wonderful 2016,

Lanny

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you are feeling a little better!

63bkpkr
I'm hanging in there. Stroke set me back but my vision is getting better. Prostate surgery was postponed due to the stroke.
Thinking of moving to warmer climes...we've already got over 2' of snow in a week :censored: Got to find somewhere that doesn't get snow and still allows me to continue gold prospecting.
Bob

I would think the warmer climates would have been worked more?!

I had to put the plow on my ATV this winter myself... Gravel driveway and right before Christmas the wife came out of the house shaking her head with arms crossed... She did not like the brown piles of snow! She complained about her white Christmas not being white... Snowed 3-4" that night lol

Glad to hear your vision is improving! :hello2:

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chance, my warmer climes may end up being Lewiston / Clarkston. :laughing7:
Moving from 3100' elevation to 1000' may be just what I need.
Most years the snow line ends just 4 miles down the hill but this year even Orofino is getting hammered.
Hope 2016 changed things.
Bob

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah that makes sense!

Chance, my warmer climes may end up being Lewiston / Clarkston. :laughing7:
Moving from 3100' elevation to 1000' may be just what I need.
Most years the snow line ends just 4 miles down the hill but this year even Orofino is getting hammered.
Hope 2016 changed things.
Bob

Yeah Lewiston sure has mild winters, rarely snows in the valley and never lasts long. For those that do not know Lewiston's lowest point is ~700' above sea level, very low. Lewiston/Clarkston are at the end of Hells Canyon and the Snake river flows between them... The Clearwater River also joins the Snake river at the 'confluence.'

Here at my place in Spokane Valley it is about 1900' and we have at least a foot of snow currently.

I personally am so excited about the snow!!! Christmas break ends this week for the kiddos so next week I can start really hitting the slopes snowboarding. I do not go on weekends usually either (salary job); I like to go on opening day each week and find the powder stashes ;) The bigger resorts are open 7 days a week, but I love Lookout Pass. Only 1.5 hr drive and all freeway to the parking lot!
I have a large snowboard collection and have been teaching the neighborhood kids how to ride on the hills behind my house. We have been up there almost everyday, as it just keeps on snowing! I have a nice jump built I have been working on landing my backwards 360s... I took the smaller inner tube up from my older 5" 70s dredge and the kids were loving that too until my dog Dozer ran up and bite a hole in it... Dozer turned one year on Nov 9th and is over 100lbs already. He is a great Mastador!

Yeah I love the snow - I want more!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bob,
I drove through Lewiston/Clarkston area on my way to Missoula in 1994, lovely night time drive with clear sky's. The full moon reflecting off the river kept me looking at it and then just in time looking forward to see I was coming to another switchback. Got to Missoula and turned left taking the Highway to the Sun into Canada. I'd planned on going on to Banff but the rolling grass lands got so monotonous I turned around and spent the night in Bozeman. I enjoyed the hot tubs and the Olympic pool! Continued on to Freedom Wyoming for a stop at the Freedom Firearms shop where I was introduced to the .454 Casull caliber, I've never looked back and need no other handgun. However it is a Ruger Super Red Hawk with a 5.25" Magna Ported barrel and it is amazing!

Where do you currently live, if that is not too personal of a question and if it is I understand. I've been thinking that after a stint in California I'd move to someplace in Idaho to "settle down". The last time I was in snow I still enjoyed it!

Best of Luck with Everything and Happy New Year to you and yours!.........................63bkpkr

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha!!
When I first read this, I thought you said the actual stamp mill ran on 12-volts. (At what?, like a million amps!)

Then I realized you were talking about the model.

Here's to good health and heavy pans in 2016 !! :occasion18:

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
63bkpkr