Thermal Imaging Camera kit cheap!

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
I've been on the mailing list for this guy's thermal imaging project so if you're looking for a Thermal Imaging viewer for prospecting lode deposits here's your chance. It sells less than $500 and here's the link:

Main - DIY-Thermocam

The trick is to go out on days with high temps but cools off rapidly in the afternoon giving you a nice temperature contrast to make the Lode Gold stick out on the screen like fall or spring.

I have a small little Thermal Camera that for the same money now I could of bought this one with better features (hmm, Ebay).

Happy Prospecting,

Randy-Midnight Miner/Desert Rat in good standing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Randy I saw that using a remote temp gun/scanner allows you do do the same thing . BUT not all remote heat guns will do the job! a person needs to find one that has 16 points (?) on the camara for a long distance and they also need to do it on days just like you say! these will give you a instant view of the temp change at a opening! also if a person just cant find or afford either one of these , they can just go out and look for the vapor (?) that comes out of a opening. ive seen this many times here in Misery!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread