GPAA Las Vegas Gold show Feb 27-28 Poll

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup. I will be helping set up the Gold Cube booth on Friday afternoon and attending both days most likely. Bringing my wife but she will not attend the show.

I will have a black baseball cap on with a yellow name tag attached.

Last edited:

BobM

Feb 7, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going, me and the wife are new GPAA members, but also been prospecting for many years.
Then to AZ for a week of prospecting.
Bob M

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would think that most "old timers" would avoid these "shows" like the plague. They are pretty boring for most of us. Greenhorns on the other hand, are the prime audience since they don't have a clue.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I've avoided the shows and most everything having to do with the GPAA for decades Terry. Unfortunately the better half wants to go so I'm trying to find a way to turn a negative into a positive by meeting up with some of the folks from here on T-Net. Unless someone happens to have classifiers below 100 mesh there, I doubt I'd be spending a dime on anything other than getting in the door. Trust me when I say I'd much rather be out swinging my way across the desert with a detector and some friends.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not going but I did find that the gold show in Mesa two or three years ago had some pretty good prices on all types of equipment so if you are looking.... On a side note, I also won about a half cup of salted paydirt in a free drawing from a local Phoenix area club. It had over a half gram of gold (I weighed it but forgot the exact total) so that paid my ticket and some gas money. The majority of the the gold was just hand picked after I dry screened it. The main door prize drawing has some great prizes (metal detectors, week at Nome GPAA camp, etc.) so there are those possibilities too. There were several other drawings for which one can purchase tickets. Oh yeah, they passed out a bag of goodies (old magazines and brochures) to everyone that included a gold pan. Who knows what they may have at the Vegas show. Just saying.

Last edited:

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a Greenhorns without a clue, so I think I'll stop by to take a look. I work right across the street so I can park there and walk across the street. Get to save a few $$ parking fee. Been to a lot of gun shows there as well as a couple of Las Vegas Bike Fest events. My current project is to build a refractory furnace and my next project is to build a rock crusher, so I'll be on the lookout for good ideas as I browse the various vendors.

I think it would be fun to meet some of the TN members too. If you guys set a time and location to meet, I'll do my best to be there at that time.

Joanne

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a Greenhorns without a clue, so I think I'll stop by to take a look. I work right across the street so I can park there and walk across the street. Get to save a few $$ parking fee. Been to a lot of gun shows there as well as a couple of Las Vegas Bike Fest events. My current project is to build a refractory furnace and my next project is to build a rock crusher, so I'll be on the lookout for good ideas as I browse the various vendors.

I think it would be fun to meet some of the TN members too. If you guys set a time and location to meet, I'll do my best to be there at that time.

Joanne

Well since I don't know the layout of the place I'm open to suggestions on when and where to meet up.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll make a suggestion after I see the layout on Friday. You can also track me down via Red and Mike at the Gold Cube booth :)

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL Long as I don't have to whip out my compass, shoot an azimuth and plot a course to find the meeting place...... :icon_scratch:

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a couple of ideas:

- We could meet by a known vendor booth (Maybe GoldCube with KevinInColorado)

- By the snack bar adjacent to the convention area (same hallway as the vending machines and restrooms)

- Just inside the front entrance

In classic Las Vegas Airport style, someone could hold a TreasureNet sign so we could gather up with a minimal of confusion.

Joanne

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went to the last one in Denver and I had a good time. I spent too much money but got to see a lot of the products that are out there. I must say that Royal Manufacturing has really good supplies and they had the biggest booth. and those raffle prizes though...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a couple of ideas:

- We could meet by a known vendor booth (Maybe GoldCube with KevinInColorado)

- By the snack bar adjacent to the convention area (same hallway as the vending machines and restrooms)

- Just inside the front entrance

In classic Las Vegas Airport style, someone could hold a TreasureNet sign so we could gather up with a minimal of confusion.

Joanne

I like these ideas. Should we pick a time like maybe lunch saturday(?!!) We could meet at the snack bar and have lunch together even!

BobM

Feb 7, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in AZ are ya heading Bob?
We spent last year with Mel from frontier Prospecting, this year we are going to hang out with Arizona Outback, then visit some GPAA Claims, and a day on our own.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I would think that most "old timers" would avoid these "shows" like the plague. They are pretty boring for most of us. Greenhorns on the other hand, are the prime audience since they don't have a clue.

Yea I did enough shows back in the late 80s early 90s in Phoenix.....Showing my dads, Dam Blue Bowl and his winches, concentrators and such.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I miss those oldie golden days when your great Pops was doing the job. It was a privilege to meet him and take on a dealership to add to my products line. Different place then and MUCH happier for sure. Shows hahahaha tinker toys and hype to mt pockets...John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread