Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey! Let's lock up some more land!!!!

I came across this in the current ICMJ issue and thought it should be passed on for our California brothers.

• More roadblocks in southern California
The assault on our public lands continues.
Our federal government continues to throw roadblocks up throughout the Western states to keep miners and other public lands users off public lands.

In Southern California, the West Mojave Route Network Project travel management planning effort covers 9.24 million acres. Federal agencies are working on a supplemental Environmental Impact Statement that will “form the framework for route designation in the West Mojave area.”

The planning area encompasses parts of San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Kern, Inyo and Riverside counties, including many areas that are rich in minerals and metals.

Public comments are due by January 25, 2016, and may be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to:
BLM—CA Desert District
Attn: WMRNP Plan Amendment
22835 Calle San Juan de Los Lagos
Moreno Valley, CA 92553

Information is available online at West Mojave (WEMO) Route Network Project and Plan Amendment

Seems to me that once again they're trying to pull the wool over the publics' eyes. These are public lands and the last time I checked, an Environmental Impact STATEMENT won't pass muster in a court of law since a full STUDY is required to close any road shown on a topo map dated before 1976. Once again, they're trying to play fast and loose and are ignoring the laws that they're supposed to be following. Looks to me like they need a good smack down form John Q. Public....again.

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right Jeff. However, Clinton arbitrarily closed many thousands of miles of pre 1976 roads. The people are still fighting to reopen them. Quite a system.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
This ISNT the only state that's doing this cr*p! Colorado is pulling this also! And im sure they aren't alone in their land grab! And how did California do when the fires came???? The fire departments couldn't get to the fires because of blocked / unmaintained roads and I believe a fire crew died because of it also! Some socalled "representatives" will NEVER LEARN ! and how do they stay in office for years on end???????????????? it beats me!

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I could go all political but if I did the mods would have to redact 99% of my post. So.... instead of that I'll just say that it's up to "We the People" to take care of that problem Russ.

If we as miners, off-roaders, hunters etc do not stay on top of things they will lock up all the public lands they can. We have to keep a close eye on our representatives and make sure that they're doing our bidding instead of that of the special interest groups. By getting the word out when we find something like this in a reputable publication like the ICMJ we have to make sure that everyone that has an interest in it has a chance to read it. Now if I'd read this on FaceBook I'd still check into it but if it was proven true you can bet it would be posted here to get the word out.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't agree with their tactics to sue on every little issue,
these are vast area's and should be open for all to enjoy.
legal case;CBD v. US BLM
and this is total BS "sue and settle"; Remedy agreement

43 U.S.C. §1781 clearly states;
(4) the use of all California desert resources can and should be provided for in a multiple use and sustained yield management plan 
to conserve these resources for future generations, and to provide present and future use and enjoyment, particularly outdoor recreation uses,
including the use, where appropriate, of off-road recreational vehicles;

Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BULLDOZER!!! That will fix any roadblock!

If they install gates, saw them up and sell them for scrap. (use night vision device to look for hidden game cameras)

Keep it up and sooner or later they'll give up as they won't have the budget to keep replacing them.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
BULLDOZER!!! That will fix any roadblock!

If they install gates, saw them up and sell them for scrap. (use night vision device to look for hidden game cameras)

Keep it up and sooner or later they'll give up as they won't have the budget to keep replacing them.

Tempting Capt but to my mind that's no different than the greenies tactic of spiking trees to keep the loggers from cutting them down. It's an extremist move and we can't lower ourselves to their level. If you will remember many of them ended up in jail for their actions and it caused a lot of harm to their cause. WE don't need the same happening to us because thanks to groups like The Sierra Fund, the public has a nasty impression of miners already. Instead of acts of vandalism, I think our time could be better spent educating the public as to who we really are and what we really do.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You're right Jeff. However, Clinton arbitrarily closed many thousands of miles of pre 1976 roads. The people are still fighting to reopen them. Quite a system.

True enough Rod. What we need is a set of judges that have a pair so they'll reverse that action that was against the law in the first place. Just because someone is the president does not mean that they're above the laws. These so called "Executive Actions" are still required to follow the laws.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True enough Rod. What we need is a set of judges that have a pair so they'll reverse that action that was against the law in the first place. Just because someone is the president does not mean that they're above the laws. These so called "Executive Actions" are still required to follow the laws.
Amen ,my Irish brother!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions