Looking for prospectors in New Hampshire

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , I will be spending a lot of time in the Twin Mountain , NH area this year from late April till late October . I'm looking to get together with some other guys to maybe prosect with , I have some idea's and some hand equipment a small sluice , classifiers buckets ,etc . I'm Not in the greatest of shape , I was in an accident a few years ago , so I'm sporting a new hip , and 4 disks in my lower back fused , etc , But I don't give up easy ! I don't have much sluicing experiance , but I have mining experiance per say , I have worked in the rock crushing and gravel industry , as well as the logging industry . I am a liceinced in heavy equipment operation . I still have my mini equipment , etc . I'm really just looking to meet some new friends and have some fun . Please forgive my spelling errors . LOL

Upvote 0

Waynos

May 28, 2015
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on trying the wild Amonoosuc as a first timer in spring.
Getting pans next week and saving for a sluice.
I have no experience at all..been watching videos to get a general idea but hands on will be better for me.
My first time out will be in Bath...thats about 42mins from Carroll and 2 hours from my town (Keene)
Maybe we can get a few seasoned people to join for a day and get us on the right track lol

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , I will be spending a lot of time in the Twin Mountain , NH area this year from late April till late October . I'm looking to get together with some other guys to maybe prosect with , I have some idea's and some hand equipment a small sluice , classifiers buckets ,etc . I'm Not in the greatest of shape , I was in an accident a few years ago , so I'm sporting a new hip , and 4 disks in my lower back fused , etc , But I don't give up easy ! I don't have much sluicing experiance , but I have mining experiance per say , I have worked in the rock crushing and gravel industry , as well as the logging industry . I am a liceinced in heavy equipment operation . I still have my mini equipment , etc . I'm really just looking to meet some new friends and have some fun . Please forgive my spelling errors . LOL

My advice is build a rock crusher if you already have experience with them, you can find gold pretty much anywhere but in the correct rock type in that area, but you have rocks loaded with microgold disseminated throughout. Get a small highbanker from the start is my first advice if you aren't interested in the rock crushing thing.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Motohed, I go to the Wild Ammonusic in the summer months. Do pretty good there's a bunch of us here in NH. Maybe we can all get together? And welcome to the beat-up F.O.G. club!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian were old and beat up. Have a few new parts. But there still some quality left. And we usually sniff out some gold. And I think the beat up F.O.G Club. Would be a proper name. The Wild AM would never be the same. Sounds like a plan to me. Even some new people that would like to give it a try.

Last edited:

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Hey Moto, I dredged over 25 on the Wild Am last summer (2014). My advice is to get wet. My Brother and I as well as Chef on TN POUNDED the wild am. Its a tough spot to sluice nowadays. Mainly because we wiped the shallow hardpan on the campground side of the river clean. There is very little gold in the over burden on the wild am. The thing it has going for it is that the whole river has hardpan and bedrock from 6" to 15' down. The easternmost egde of the campground property has some big exposed bedrock. If I was panning I'd go there. There are some juicy cracks still, but its definitely been hit many times. The shallow hardpan can be OK, but get as shallow as possible. Its been dredged hard. The other option for hands and pans is like I said get WET. Find a deep dredge hole that's down to hardpan, and work the edges. The good dirt is easially recognized there. Its cemented. Knitted, and very hard. The best of the best dirt that holds the nuggets sits directly on top of hardpan. Its a 1-12" layer of Rusty cemented gravels. If you find this dig! And don't stop until its gone.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know I sluiced it all summer. Stayed up on the benches did 13.45 grams for the season at the camp ground. the other dredgers did between 12-22 grams plus some nuggets so it's not all mined out. after the spring melt it will be flushed and restocked just like every year. I been going there for well this will be my 4th season

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in a campground right on the Ammonusic , again it's in Twin Mountain . Great to hear from you all , It sounds like fun . I was reading some of the state regs and wondering if I need to buy the permit , some of it looks like you do , and some does'nt . Any help with doing this in the correct maner will be greatly appreciated . Thanks again

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motohed if you have a high baker/dredge combo you want to get a recreational mining permit from NH DES.com. If you pan or sluice you don't need one. I believe we're not far apart? Just a notch over. If you want to do the Wild Am don't worry it's not cleaned out. We know where the gold is ! :icon_thumleft: PS. which campground are you in?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm at MT Deception campground it's off of cherry mountain road .

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a nice little simple place , it has a laundry and restrooms , good seasonal rates . I will give more info after I spend the up coming summer , you can also use your camper during the winter if you carry your own water and are self contained restroom or porta potty you can still use the dump station . May to much info for some people . lol The owner has been very helpful and seems to be a very nice guy . I'm not shure of nightly rates , you can shoot me a PM if you want for his number . I also own a campground in RI , so my wife is my official bussiness office manager and she ships me off , slightly unwillingly , but lovingly for the summer since my operations and and injuries . I do drive her a bit crazy ,since I don't do much excavation bussiness anymore . lol So I take short vacation trip home , to drive her a little more crazy , so she does'nt get to lonely . Double lol Sorry got a little off topic !

Waynos

May 28, 2015
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if your up for a few newbies to join you on the wild AM and maybe we can all get together,plan a day and learn to find some gold!!!!

Waynos

May 28, 2015
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Motohed, I go to the Wild Ammonusic in the summer months. Do pretty good there's a bunch of us here in NH. Maybe we can all get together? And welcome to the beat-up F.O.G. club!

What does FOG stand for?

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Sure , I'm in for us nubes to get together . Maybe he younger , and stronger than the FOG guys , LOL :headbang:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent him PM! LOL! :laughing7: May be we can get the younger guy's help us FOG'S tote our gear! LOL!

Last edited:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian I was thinking we could try to get Fish and Game. To put a boat ramp in. They do it for the fishermen LOL. Just kidding. I still have the strength but not as steady as I use to be. And way too much equipment.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple boats , may need to make the smaller one into a floating dredge . LOL

Waynos

May 28, 2015
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 40 so I'm in between young buck and old crow I think????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread